Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxGraf & Sons
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel Weight Prices - Bottoming Out - .08 Center per Pound

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    Hmm I have some batteries around here I wonder how hard it would be to get the lead out
    I hope you are kidding. Several threads including sticky on why batteries are a dangerous way to get a tiny amount of lead. Not worth risking death from the chemical fumes for a few ounces of lead used in a battery.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

Boolit Buddy
    I brought in 140 lbs. of sorted steel WW and was paid $0.28Can each pound(northern Ontario.). I didn't lie and they didn't ask, they assumed it was steel with lead. Received $1.83 per pound for scrap yellow brass cartridge.

I'm very familiar with lead acid batteries Ive restored my bikes batt probably 15 times besides there empty been bone dry for 3 or more years now. I have taken dry battery's apart before but for other reasons they didn't yield as much lead as I thought not for the weight. If you have common sense and a few brain cells you can accomplish most anything. Besides I don't believe everything I read especially on the internet Apu fuel which is hydrazine that I refilled in f16s is way more deadly than 20% sulfuric acid with ever be
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee, Died at the age of a hundred and three, For fifteen years she kept her virginity, Not a bad record for this vicinity

Quote Originally Posted by glicerin View Post
    I brought in 140 lbs. of sorted steel WW and was paid $0.28Can each pound(northern Ontario.). I didn't lie and they didn't ask, they assumed it was steel with lead. Received $1.83 per pound for scrap yellow brass cartridge.
    You are lucky on the scrap yellow brass cartridge. Some scrap yards won't take them at all. And one will only take them if totally crushed due to some city or county ordinance about them having to be destroyed. I understand they get less for that brass too. In part I think because the occasional live round or primer going pop when it gets melted.

There is only one area scrap yard that will take my used brass. They also don't give me as much for it but they do take the spent primers with the brass so that helps put some weight in the coffee can.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12