Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mounting scope on Stevens 44

Boolit Master
    The old Lyman All American scopes while less modern made are longer scopes made when there weren't and of the short actions currently offered today. Will be having a 22rf martini religned using a 1x16 twist liner.The old twist was either 1x20 or 1x22. Will take out the 22rf trigger assembly and send along with a centerfire trigger group. The Martini will be relined to 32-20 as I've always wanted a 32-20 single shot. Since the little martini has a 29: long barrel it should look not to outta place. If this comes to pass I'll have to figure out what to do with my low wall as far as caliber is concerned. And as far as vintage scopes are concerned the old redfield 3200 with the internal adjustments if in good condition are good scopes.And probably somewhat cheaper than the scopes mentioned in this thread. The old redfield scopes like the 3200 have a bigger eye piece something us old shooters with bad eyes can appreciate. Mine is a 20 power which should do well. much over 20x and you start getting the shivers and shakes do to the higher magnification. I tried one time to shoot a buddy's bench gun and failed miserably. I got lucky with the Redfield. Saw it in a dealers shop and pointed to it and said its mine. Frank

Cheshire Oregon-Near Eugene about 60 miles from Pacific coast
    I think the old weaver K10 might work with the scope block spacing on my Stevens. But I'm enjoying the peep sight for now. I would really love to get a low wall but I couldn't find one I can afford that was in any kind of condition. So instead I bought a Ruger number 3 in 22 Hornet. If the Hornet doesn't turn out to shoot good it will become a 25-20. Or perhaps a 30 Badger.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12