RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: A Tale of two molds.

Boolit Buddy

A Tale of two molds.

Ordered an accurate Webley Mold 45-262m. Received it in the mail yesterday, correctly marked, and yet it's a smooth sided cavity with a slightly enlarged base band. It is, in fact, the 47-400b Westly-Richards Monkey Tail mold.

I sent an email to Tom at Accurate, and he almost immediately replies "The molds got mixed up, yours is in Norway by now, I'll refund your shipping money, send it back so I can send it to Oslo, and I'll make you a new one right away."

Tom is good people, and I love his work, mistakes happen. I wrote back that hope no offence, he made me laugh, I'm just imagining someone in Oslo opening his package and "***"?

He wrote back "the guy in Oslo is happy, turns out he owns a Webley."

Now my wife in the next room is wondering why I'm laughing.

The Monkey Tail mold will be in the mail tomorrow.

we who live far away, we have terror that happens to us that

Boolit Grand Master

My wife works at a mail center .... international shipping can become a nightmare , the horror stories she tells about lost, stolen , opened , damaged and repackaged or misdirected packages along with what can happen to a package going through customs is unreal... I'm glad I live here .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I had a similar mix up with an MP mold from a group buy. I offered to send it to someone here in the states who ordered that style, he said no need he would just send a replacement mold and I was welcome to keep the wrong one shipped. Good to deal with folks who own a mix up and then go out of their way to make it right.

Always amazed when I hear of bad customer experiences in casting and reloading. Too small of a market and community to not have news of bad experience spread and damage brand/company image.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Hey everyone makes mistakes it's how they correct them that matters.

Boolit Buddy
    This was a GOOD experience for me. Dealing with Tom at Accurate was a pleasure, and my new, correct mold is on the way.