Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Vaquero Throats and Triggers...Plug for Doug

Boolit Mold

Vaquero Throats and Triggers...Plug for Doug

Fairly new to this site and really appreciate it. Some of the guys on here have recommended DOUGGUY for throat work on their .45 Vaqueros. I followed up and visited Doug a few weeks ago with an .45 OMV and a NMV in .44 mag. Doug did the throats on the .45 (opened to.452), chamfered the charge end of the cyl chambers, did the forcing cones on both guns and removed significant creep on the .44 trigger. Also removed carbon rings from the .45 cylinder

Doug is very experienced, very gracious and gets to the bottom line fast. Very pleasant and rewarding experience for me. Learned a lot and plan to keep in touch. Both guns perform much better now than before the work was done. Bought the .45 from a guy who said it was not consistent...groups pretty well now. .44 is much easier to shoot well with the creep almost gone.

Listening to Doug and watching him work, I was glad I did not take on the reaming myself. I know that many guys on several forums have recommended that, but there are a few risks inherent there and I'd much prefer to leave the work to a guy who knows what he's doing...and the pricing is competitive enough that there is really no gain in the DIY approach from my perspective.

Thanks to the members who posted information on this issue and for the lead to DOUGGUY. Worked great for me.

Boolit Master
    How was the coffee?

Welcome to the forum. DOUGGUY is definitely an experienced professional. We are thankful for his expertise and willingness to share his knowledge with everybody.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death! When people fear the government it is tyranny, when government fears the people it is Liberty!

Boolit Master
    First you say that he is a great guy and then you say that the creep is gone, make up your mind.

Boolit Mold
    Right. Sorry. Rookie mistake.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the review on his work .
    Nice to know of a good competent man that knows how to fix a problem right.

Boolit Mold
    He certainly has the skills and experience, as pointed out by tradbear55. What I saw there was a guy who really, really likes what he's doing. That makes him very thorough. He wants it to be right and will make sure it is. That's important...and not really that common.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have (so far) had only one revolver with the Ruger Throat Syndrome. I corrected the condition myself very slowly and carefully with a piloted hand reamer set built for the purpose. This was done prior to Doug Guy's services coming on stream. Now--I would contact Doug and have him do the work. Luck and patience worked for me (once....), I won't roll the bones again when someone like Doug is available and far more capable than I am.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Doug does a great job. I had him ream a NV to .453 and chamfer the charge holes.

Boolit Master

I've stopped by Doug's place a couple of times on very short notice, while passing through his area. Very accommodating, and good workmanship. Did the cylinder & forcing cone on a RBH and a CZ barrel. Really improved the performance on both guns.