Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: 30 hunter in the 7.62x39?

Boolit Master

30 hunter in the 7.62x39?

Good evening, there is a group buy going on the N.O.E. 311-190 FN (30 Hunter). I have a Ruger No1 in 7.62x39 that shoots the NOE k31 bullet quite well, even with the undersized nose. Suspect that is due to the good fit in the throat, my load would not feed in a magazine. So, anyone shooting the 30 Hunter in a bolt or singleshot in the short Russian? I think it might work in my 300Savage as well, or 06, or ... any how, what has folks experience been with this bullet?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned

It is made for the 308 Win. The nose may be a little small for the X39. You will need to check you barrel dimensions and decide for yourself. The bore rider section is 0.301".

Boolit Master
    The nose is part of my quandry, but the other way roun. My bore is either .300 or .301, cant remember at the moment. Will measure the slug when I get home to varify. Groove is .311 so good there. Where did the "hunter designitation come from? Tried to find the discussion on NOE site to no luck. If it casts over .301(96/2/2) on the nose it's a no go for sure.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I think that's gearnasher's design.
    A deplorable that votes!

Banned

No it is mine. Al came up with the name. You would have to ask him. I forgot what he told me.
    Last edited by tomme boy; 04-12-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Banned

The nose comes in at 0.301" Never had one go over. The throat is going to be your answer if it fits. If it is a really long military type throat then it will not matter.