WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im trying to fnd this levergun book...

Im trying to fnd this levergun book...

Id really like this book about lever actions but I cant remember what its called and iv'e been trying to find it forever on google. Its blue and maybe has silver writing on it for the title. Last time I checked one was for sale for 300$. Id really like one, but maybe not that much...

You know what I mean?

Boolit Grand Master

Perhaps more detail would be helpful. What does it cover (subject matter)? What era is it from? Author? Where did you see this book? Sale here? Amazon? Barnes and Noble?

Boolit Master

Glen Davis authored a book on Single Shot Leverguns.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like Madis book on Marlin Firearms. Blue with silver writing and has lots of leverguns but not that expensive. Could be wrong.

They have a couple of excellent magazines called Lever Action Rifles that I bought back when. They are now $30@ but were excellent magazines.

DEP

Boolit Master
    No it is something like The Winchester Lever Legacy and the author was Clyde "Snooky" Williamson or something very close to all this. It is a great read.
    Rule 303

Boolit Grand Master

Sam Fadala did one on the 30-30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
    No it is something like The Winchester Lever Legacy and the author was Clyde "Snooky" Williamson or something very close to all this. It is a great read.
    YES THATS IT! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev18 View Post
    Id really like this book about lever actions but I cant remember what its called and iv'e been trying to find it forever on google. Its blue and maybe has silver writing on it for the title. Last time I checked one was for sale for 300$. Id really like one, but maybe not that much...

You know what I mean?

Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Winchester-le...95421984&psc=1

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

A very good reference book that describes his attempts to duplicate factory ballistics with old, original Winchester calibres. I just had mine out to look up some info for a friend of mine. (And I paid over $100 for my copy over 12 years ago ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

[QUOTE=Reverend Al;4623842]A very good reference book that describes his attempts to duplicate factory ballistics with old, original Winchester calibres. I just had mine out to look up some info for a friend of mine. (And I paid over $100 for my copy over 12 years ago ...)

Whats the contents of the books? I can order one now for 137$. Kinda expensive for me. Its for a used one.

Kevin, if you had bothered to click on the hyperlink I posted above, you'd have seen that Amazon lists 5 new copies starting @ $77, and 7 used copies starting @ $68

I'm going to have to put that one on the wish list. I have a copy of Sam Fadala's book, winchesters 30-30 model 94. It was good, but not as detailed on the history as I'd liked.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

Kevin, if you had bothered to click on the hyperlink I posted above, you'd have seen that Amazon lists 5 new copies starting @ $77, and 7 used copies starting @ $68

I did bother... I said 100+ dollars but thats in Canadian. I know they sell for cheap in the US. 70+shipping is over 100 Canadian sadly.

My bad - I didn't realize you're in Canada.

I paid like $50 for mine on ebay a couple years ago. Had one before but it disappeared. odd. Snooky's book is a great read, he could have made a good living as a gun writer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
    THATS THE ONE !!! I looked at it a few months back - when Kev asked - I could not for the life of me drag the title or the writer out of my memory bank but I could see the blue and silver cover like it was yesterday.

[QUOTE=Kev18;4624078]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    A very good reference book that describes his attempts to duplicate factory ballistics with old, original Winchester calibres. I just had mine out to look up some info for a friend of mine. (And I paid over $100 for my copy over 12 years ago ...)

Whats the contents of the books? I can order one now for 137$. Kinda expensive for me. Its for a used one.
    Again, the book covers the authors testing of many old traditional Winchester calibres. He worked up loads trying to duplicate the original factory ballistics so that his rifles would shoot on point of aim with the factory sights. Lots of interesting reading and I recommend that you buy a copy of the book.

You could try contacting the book seller that I dealt with when I bought my copy since he is here in Canada. John Simmer Gun Books @ 604-524-8446 or jsimmer@shaw.ca.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Sad to see that 50-95 Winchester is not listed in the table of contents
    Being human is not for sissies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast