Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: My Ross M1910 .303.

Boolit Master

My Ross M1910 .303.

At age 74, I am busy exercising my Vault Queens while I still can. First up is my $14 Ross .303 M1910 bought in 1967 that loves my Lee 185 grain RN boolit.

The battle sight hits about 4 inches high at 100 yards and the windage is ZERO, so I am happy. I have many other queens on the Que for their run about. Stay tuned. Who else shoots cast boolits in their Ross rifles?

Adam

Not me. I always wanted a Ross, but never connected with one. It sure is nice to get out a couple of old favorites, shoot them, and find out that you weren't hallucinating about how well they shot years ago. At our age (I'm 76) it becomes reliving past history. Even though you can anticipate the end of the trail, some of them you know you'll never let go of. I'm happy for you that you had this good experience.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had one about 20+ years. One of the "sporterized" ones they sold back in the day. I shoot it a bit and also pressure test loads as the bore and chamber are not over sized. It is a very good shooter actually and I appreciate the long barrel as I can still focus on the front sight. The Lee C312 bullet doesn't feed well out of the magazine but it shoots very good single fed. Mostly I use the 314299 over 4895 with a Dacron filler running at 1850 fps. Very accurate with that load.

Attachment 239688
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    I joined the club 20+ years ago with a ‘duffle bag’ version. Got an extra mag and floor plate somewhere.

Boolit Bub

I just picked up a US Ordinance marked 1905 a couple days ago and I am going to load up some CB for it as soon as I can find a mould for it. Very interesting rifle with the.straight pull bolt.

I have 2 m10 Ross rifles. One with the hogged out chamber and one with an untouched chamber so segregating brass is in order. They both shoot very well and love the lee 185. I always get a some folks asking what they are at the range. most say they never heard of such a rifle so I give them a little history lesson and they leave a little smarter. Does eat in to my shooting time a little but that's OK. Im retired and not going anywhere. They are a joy to shoot.
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Boolit Master
    Yeah,one of the range officers thinks mine is a Mauser ,and he cant get over the bolt handle"being all wrong" when he checks for a cease fire.............I have a couple of Dp Indians,and Ive sleeved the chambers,and repaired the divot in the wood ..........because of the chambers ,I dont advertize anything about them at the range...............there is a local guy has around 50 of the Indian DPs,he used to advertize offering $20 for the drilled guns...............the thing is the Indians drilled unused guns.....perfect ,unused bores with holes in the reinforce............fortunately the M10 has a very large action and tenon,and a sleeve is perfectly safe if done right......I use old SMLE barrels ,and with accurate work,the join in the chamber is undetectable on fired cases............some of the bodgers used mig weld to fill the holes ,and still fire the guns.