Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris is now the face of Glock!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Glock now sleeps with a Chuck Norris under their pillow.
    A lot of women had to be content with a photo of him under their pillow, is this the market Glock are looking for. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master

I use to hate them until i shot one I still think that they are Fugly but they do work well
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master
    I've gone in harm's way many times and was thankful I had a Glock 17. I agree it's an ugly duckling, but it made me warm & fuzzy as I prepared to do ugly things.

Super Moderator

Since Glock announced that Chuck Norris would become their new spokesman, sales have tripled. Everyone's afraid not to buy one.

Boolit Master

Surprised at the Glock animosity here- a solid gun that shoots and shoots and can be built or fixed on the kitchen counter; for less than the price of most competitors and tons of OEM and after market support. Figured more would like a reliable bargain. One time Glock detractor here - once I was bitten it really took- after thousands of CPL and other students its the one sure fire pistol that comes through the door- just recently a fellow brought in a Glock- don’t know what model- in 45 GAP- couldn’t find ammo so he’d purchased a 40 cal drop in conversion kit- dropped it in just before range went hot while others ate lunch;
    And shot 150 rounds without a hitch. Even with a goofy caliber pistol
    And a 40 conversation unit he was still under $500. They just work.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    We don't dial 911, we dial CHUCK NORRIS.

Nobody can ever replace R Lee Ermey in my mind, but Chuck Norris is about as iconic a player as GLOCK could obtain.

About the only other Hollywood type I can think of right now besides the 'Nuge would be Joe Montagna, Gary Sinise or maybe Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott
    +1+ fer Tom Selleck. If glock could get the producers of the show “Blue Bloods” to do an episode where he puts up his revolver for a Glock 26 and Danny switches to a Glock 19 that would really be a plus then get Selleck to be their spokesmen !
    On the other hand maybe one of the hot women detectives on NCIS or Chicago PD might be the ticket ?
    Who’s your favorite hottie ?

Mike

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I use to hate them until i shot one I still think that they are Fugly but they do work well
    I've tried several, I still don't want one. I don't bad mouth them or people who love them but they are not for me. It's kinda the firearm version of Ford vs Chevy, just pick the opposing pistol you like.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am a gun snob. Ridiculed Glocks for years. Got one on a whim and now have three.

IMHO they are superior to the Kimbers I used to carry as a fighting gun.

Kudos to Mr Norris for not being Hollywierd.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I heard Glock tried to get John Wick who does the "pro circuit" for H&K.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

One of my co-workers was telling me all about how bad of an actor Chuck Norris is, and how he doesn’t like him. I told him he should just be honest and admit that he hates him for his politics (Chuck Norris is an outspoken conservative and sincere Christian).

I have to chuckle when I hear people say Norris can’t act. He’s had dozens upon dozens of successful movies and TV shows, and he can’t act?? He’s no Humphrey Bogart, and his success may have more to do with his martial arts skills and ultimate tough-guy persona, but to say he can’t act rings a bit hollow.

As to Glocks I’m like a lot of you guys. I never cared for them, wanted a real gun instead. I got a good deal on a police trade in many years ago but didn’t shoot it much for a long time, because I just didn’t care for it. It didn’t feel right to me.

One day somewhere along the line I started shooting it more. The more I shot it the more I liked it. I still think they have the ergonomics of a brick and the soul of a 2x4, but they are a solid, functional, reliable tool. Plain, ubiquitous, and replaceable like a hammer on the shelf with a hundred others at Home Depot, but a very useable tool.

I started out not liking Glocks. Just ugly and felt weird. THEN my daughters college shooting team started going to GSSF matches. I have seen hundreds of them now. Shot lots of them and they are growing on me. I may have to pick up a 43X. I did have to get trained by one of the GSSF members on how to hold them. That made all the difference in the world.

I will say this:
    They do not jam.
    They can run hundreds if not thousands of rounds and still not jam.
    Glock is a good company. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of the people they send out to the GSSF events and all the folks I have met are just good natured shooters. They are friendly when they don't have to be and have been generous to the team. They are highly interested I getting the younger crowd into the shooting sports. Don't get me wrong, I still love my real metal 1911, and my real metal .357, but Glock is really growing on me.

Welcome Chuck!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Sam Elliot with a Glock?? Nope, just can't picture it! Nor do I want to.
    That would just be wrong in so many ways. He’s more of a Peacemaker type.

Glocks aren’t beautiful but they do what is important. They feed any ammunition on the shelf and they’re as reliable as guns get. I’ve had my clock cleaned at USPSA matches, my Dawson Precision STI against a stock G35. They work just fine. It’s not the gun, it’s the gunner.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    I owed a CZ 75 years ago, one of those ones I should have kept, so I bought a model 34 gen 3 I liked the mag release and the price the guy paid me for it and that is all the nice things I can say about Glock.

Boolit Master

The only thing good you can say about a Glock is that they go bang every time you pull the trigger.

Not an attribute I would want in a handgun.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    LOL, It's all just a matter of "Perspective" !
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Since Glock announced that Chuck Norris would become their new spokesman, sales have tripled. Everyone's afraid not to buy one.
    Best comment ever!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I thought about the comments by people saying that Chuck Norris can't act and it brought to mind a qoute by a fellow by the name of Victor Mature who was criticized by a newspaper columnist for his poor acting skills.
    Mr. Mature replied, and I am paraphrasing here, that he agreed that he was no actor and had 80 films to prove it.

The point...somebody must like Chuck Norris's acting because they keep paying money to see his movies and TV shows.

Boolit Master

Would've agreed with most of the Glock-haters here until I started shooting IDPA.
    Big Sig fanboy here, own a lot of the P classic series (220, 226 & 229), the newer 2022 & the 1911s for their "to hell & back reliability".
    Since my DA/SA pistols were disadvantaged in SP class while 1911s qualifies only for ESP & CDP class, I bought an M&P40 with a heavy 9mm conversion barrel to level the playing field. Little did I know that trigger & reset of the M&P have to be enhanced (Apex aftermarket) to catch up, which I did, however, it became too light that it wasn't recommended for EDC. Then comes my very first Glock in model 34, out of the box shoots like a charm (gotta get used to the grip angle at first) nothing aftermarket other than cheap Korean mags. Yet to fail neither feeding or extracting...
    Still keep some of my Sigs but my Glock collection got bigger (G19, G22 with 357Sig barrel, couple of poly80 with G19 & G17 slides).
    I keep mine all gen 3, they're like the AR in semi pistols. They still look ugly to me with not-so-perfect grip angle (poly80 have 1911-like grip angle) but they shoot wherever you point them without FTEs/FTFs common to auto-loading pistols.
    Just my 2 cents based on experience

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Don't own a glock . Thought i would never buy a plastic gun just didn't like them and didn't think they were real guns. Poo poo on them every chance i got. Along came a lowly kel tec 32 at a price i just couldn't pass up. Didn't expect much at all. Boy was i surprised when i took it to the range reasonabley accurate not a tack driver but no problem keeping in center chest on pistol range. The surprising thing is it worked with any ammo i put in it 65 gr , 80 gr , 77 gr rn swc it ate it all i have put several thousand rounds through it not a single ftf. Only problem i had was case bulge on ammo to hot for gun. After this i am willing to give a glock a try if i can get one at the right price.
    Kind of off topic on the Kel Tec, but every time I hear about a P32 I have to laugh. I was talking to my brother in law once and he was telling me about his P32. He said it was so small he could hide it in the crack of his ___. I said "that's one gun I'll never ask to borrow".
    Back to the Glock, I'm not a hater but not a lover either. I just can't get used to the grip angle. If someone told me I could only have one hand gun it very well may be a Glock though. As others have said it is a tool that always works when called upon.

It is good that Chuck is doing this .Better then others that look down on the gun companies out there. I have seen Chuck years ago in person when I was in the navy .Also Found out one of my Uncles was friends with him. Some will say he is a bad actor.If they made the money he did, they would not say that. He is for the 2nd .I do not own any glock ,I will not put someone down that dose have one.It is still a free country and enough guns makers to choose from.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast