RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to split this forum up...

Boolit Master

Need to split this forum up...

Most of the threads in this section are about wheelguns.

I appreciate a fine revolver as much as the next guy, but most people who are into self-defense carry a semi-auto of some sort. Every other gun forum I've seen has different forums for wheelguns and semi-autos.

It would be nice to have a dedicated forum for the majority of people today who are researching and buying and shooting semi-autos.
    Last edited by Idaho45guy; 04-10-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

It's ironic that out of the dozen or so pistols I own, only two are wheelguns, but my avatar is of one of them.

Probably because I joined this site when searching for info on casting hardcast boolits for my bear defense gun and the username and avatar were most appropriate. I have since turned my attention to a Glock 29 10mm for primary woods carry due to the increased capacity and lighter weight.

Still love my Bisley in .45 Colt and will never sell it, but it has a rather limited role in my arsenal.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Good point. I have just a few rollers anymore, used be lots. Haven't shot one in years.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    its kind of contradicting, the section is labeled wheelguns AND pistols, so saying most of us are interested in autos and most of the posts are on revolvers at the same time don't make sense, there apparently is more people in this population that like revolvers from that data. unless your claiming something more like exclusion where people in general perceive this to be primarily for revolvers so there not posting their auto thread, then that could be a valid claim

Banned
    It is one of my favorite forums on this site and I just read the title as "Handguns".

For how this part of the forum is works ok to me and I use both semi and wheel guns .Some of the cast boolits I cast, I use in both semi and wheel guns.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    My only semiautomatic pistols are Ruger MK3, the other 20ish are wheel guns. I also carry a revolver as a cc weapon and don't feel under gunned at all, but if I where a LEO or military man I would probably go with the higher capacity of an auto loader though. Splitting the forum, it don't bother me, I just skip the threads about auto loaders.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    It is one of my favorite forums on this site and I just read the title as "Handguns".
    ^^^ +1

I read the title as handguns also. That said, if you want to have different forums for revolvers and auto loaders, go ahead. It matters not to me.
    I'll be able to find which thread I need to read and post to in any case.

Banned
    I don't see a problem with it the way it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Boolit Buddy

I just read what interest me and skip the rest.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    It can be split as far as I'm concerned. I follow Taurusarmed and Coltforum as closely as I do this one; I'm quite sure I have never looked into any forum labeled for semi autos. I can ignore them here just as well. Have at it!!!!

Boolit Master
    I don't see a problem with the way this set up, I just read what I want to. I just wish they would move the stickies to the bottom.

Boolit Master
    I own both, and regularly shoot both, but I will admit that the revolvers are a LOT more fun.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Most of the threads in this section are about wheelguns.

I appreciate a fine revolver as much as the next guy, but most people who are into self-defense carry a semi-auto of some sort. Every other gun forum I've seen has different forums for wheelguns and semi-autos.

It would be nice to have a dedicated forum for the majority of people today who are researching and buying and shooting semi-autos.
    I agree!!!! If I never see another post about Glocks or 1911s I would be delighted.

M1911 variants should have their own forum, Glock knockoffs their own and you can lump the DA and cowboy wheelies together.

Some of we old fuds don't do plastic and won't read about them, so it makes an easier sort.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm in the I have a Blackhawk but with my nerve damage have troubles with follow up shots and grip moving. I like hearing the discussions on what others have even though, for me, I am basically only able to shoot the auto's. I keep thinking about a carry revolver but doesn't really make sence in my situation.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by owejia View Post
    plus 1!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Originally Posted by owejia View Post

^^^^^^^+2 on both
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I don't see a problem with it the way it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    +1 <- whaddya mean my message is too short?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

Read what ya want. Ignore the rest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast