RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 141 Gamemaster 35 R.E.M.

A M25 in 32-20 and a 14-1/2 in 44-40 and a 14 in .25 Rem and a 141 in .35 Rem and a 760 in 30-06 would suit me fine. I’m easy.

When I was a kid in 60s the older guys were trading in good old guns on 760s and 742s. The trade ins were cheap. I also wanted a 742, which I busted my hump to buy. I found out real quick that 760 was no upgrade from 14/141. The ability to use HV type cartridges was a upgrade but the rifle wasn't. A few years ago some gun writer estimated to make and sell a 141 it would sell for $3000. I can buy nice condition 760s for $300-$400 in this area, they are no longer popular and hard to sell. I won't take them on trade for more than $200.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1146.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	240958
    Leupold VX3i 1.5-5
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Boolit Buddy

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	240959
    Let's try this!

You paired that nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    When I was a kid in 60s the older guys were trading in good old guns on 760s and 742s. The trade ins were cheap. I also wanted a 742, which I busted my hump to buy. I found out real quick that 760 was no upgrade from 14/141. The ability to use HV type cartridges was a upgrade but the rifle wasn't. A few years ago some gun writer estimated to make and sell a 141 it would sell for $3000. I can buy nice condition 760s for $300-$400 in this area, they are no longer popular and hard to sell. I won't take them on trade for more than $200.
    The use of HV cartridges was not all it was cracked up to be. I made the same mistake and regretted it ever since. The problem with the 760 (well one of the problems) was the crappy magazine they used.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy

It loves cast!

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    The use of HV cartridges was not all it was cracked up to be. I made the same mistake and regretted it ever since. The problem with the 760 (well one of the problems) was the crappy magazine they used.
    I'm sure you have herd the term Assault Rifle, as far as I'm concerned the 742-760 series of rifles should be termed as Insault Rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
    It loves cast!
    That's almost up there with "It's a boy or It's a girl !"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

It's a girl!

Boolit Buddy

Name:	IMG_1150.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	241247
    If I didn't shake so bad it might have been better! I'm still happy how it shoots sized to .360 maybe if I go down to .359 it will get tighter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1150.jpg  

Boolit Buddy

Name:	IMG_1150.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	241246
    Forgot to crop my picture! If I don't it always goes up sideways!

Boolit Master
    Seems we have the same “bench rest” setup! I have going the 14/141s to start to open the groups as they warm up, frequently see the first pair of shots overlap like yours. Being a hunter, I find no issue there. I am thinking of trimming the gc shank from my Lee 2 hole for a plinker bullet. Then I may get more shooting time as well. Maybe even do a designed experiment to establish the increase in group size.... Or may just plink with them, they shoot where I look and feel just like a nice upland pump shotgun should!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Nice rifle. I have one too. Not sure of the date manufactured. One thing I found was mine doesn't have much of a throat in front of the chamber. Using the Lyman bullet for 35 Rem, 358215, the gun was hard to close with the bullet crimped in the groove. Little marks from the rifling on the bullet. Have to seat it deeper than you expect. Fun guns. Also have an M25 and a 14 1/2, 38/40.

Boolit Buddy

I'm thinking I'll get my bear this year with it! I'm thinking right in the ear like a lot of game I shoot, never take a step! Loaded another 20 rounds today, ready to take the bear off my bucket list!

Boolit Master
    My M14 engraves the nose of my RCBS200 clone, just like a M52 Winchester does with match ammo! Just stroke it like you mean it and all is good. Extracting an unforced takes a bit of effort, but not bad. My M141 has more throat (or wear?) than the 14.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Well, I ran across another M141 today. Got to reading and wondered how the bear hunting went??
    Oh, as I stated before, I tend to buy these when ever I see one. Yep, my new one is a 1948 vintage 35, and it is unbelievably clean, the original stock lacquer is still clear and intact! Picked it up on the way to work, so will be shooting it in the morning! It has been drilled and tapped on the top for the same mount as my other one, oh well. I have never seen one of these in as perfect condition before, 500$ was too much due to the extra holes, but I gave it anyway. Sometimes “wants” get upgraded to “needs”. I really NEEDED this new rifle!

Boolit Buddy

No bear yet but still hoping there's the fall so we will see! Since the closed the EU to me I'll be staying home this year probably at work on the bear! Glad to hear you chose Gun over price, sometimes we got to pay for what we want!

Boolit Master
    This springs 2 month layoff showed me how much I will enjoy retirement! Good luck this fall and please post about the hunt. I really enjoy these “hunting guns” from my Grandfathers time, something special about getting them back to the woods.
    I asked the new one if it liked the same load as the other 2 , not so much. But then it could have been the nut behind the trigger. I am going to give it a good cleaning and lube and polish the trigger. This one is the latest I have ever fired and the trigger stinks. Time to see what I can do with it. Half the fun. I used my 250-300 M99 on my deer and a Gp100 44 for the hog, so will be fall for me as well.

I’m now down to one 35cal. Just gave #8 to family member and sold my 14. It’s not gone yet but is ready to be shipped to Texas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast