Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
PBcastco Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 141 Gamemaster 35 R.E.M.

Boolit Buddy

Remington 141 Gamemaster 35 R.E.M.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1171.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	239516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1173.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	239517
    I traded for this 1940 141 yesterday and hoping it likes cast! Shot 5 j words through it yesterday and is darn good shooter, a rifle a can see the sights on fora change!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

Sweet. I had a doggy out/ perfect in one like that and it was a great shooter. The only cast I tried in it were Lee 150 SWC over Unique and at 50 yards it put them close together nicely! Great rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    You have made an execelent purchase! Both my 141 and M14 like the NOE clone of the 200RCBS bullet. My 14 from 1925, cuts clover leafs with 26 gr of RL7 at 50 yards. The scoped 141 from 1936 does just as well with, I think, 29 gr of the same. Actually can't tell the difference between the loads accuracy wise, and the 26 gr loads does 1850fps. Decided to settlle there for both guns. I bought the M14 due to the Lyman R14 reciever sight on it, if you can find one they make a great setup. These rifles are addictive, You can't stop at just 1
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I recently got bit by the bug, had been looking for one for several years in good shape at a decent price. Mine I purchased off the forum here had redfield peeps on it, and is a tack driver with J bullets, I have not tried any cast but that is on my to do list shortly. Nice looking rifle.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and BEST wishes with your 141! I, too, have one -- a bit newer than yours, having been made in year of my birth -- 1948 -- with a 50,2xx serial number. You hit the nail on the head, so to speak, re sighting with it. On mine, a very well used firearm, if I get too energetic pulling the slide back, the (magazine tube) spring comes out -- but, this is but a minor annoyance as it is most easily pushed back in. ENJOY! Ken Blauch wrote quite the book on these, which has been reprinted and offered for sale -- IF you can pick up a copy, it surely will be, imho, worth the read! https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns...p?item_id=5626
    BEST!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Nice. You are a lucky guy. Congratulations.

Boolit Buddy

Shot some Lyman 200 gc today with rking22 R7 data and it likes that set up! You Thanks rking22!

I've got two 141s and one 14 all 35Rems. I have had my keeper 141 since I was a kid. I have a 8 in 35 too which was my first deer rifle and took my first deer with it. The 141 turned out to be my favorite woods deer gun over the years. A natural pointer, that the 8 is not. I don't shoot cast in mine. 200gr RN is what it likes and I don't target shoot with them that much. I think there was one on the forum the other day for $250 but it got snapped up quick. My keeper must be a deluxe it has fine hand checkering and offset sling swivels. It also has a
    Lymam tang that came on it. I don't use it hunting I just go with the irons. It has knocked down a lot of deer for me and never had to shot one twice.

Boolit Buddy

Yup, 35 in anything is a thumper

Boolit Master
    DRM50, that is the gun I seek, I want a checkered one, 14 or 141 and I don't care what caliber! I have a 141 in 30 rem and one in 35 rem with a scope. The M14 is in 35 and a pound lighter wearing the Lyman R14, presently my favorite, but I can be a bit fickle. You all know there is a sweet little M25 and M12/M121 to keep those 35 Remingtons company
    Geo, thanks for that link, just ordered the book! I had thought they were out of print.
    I am glad you found success with your rifle and lead, all mine gets. The M14 is going hog hunting this weekend, same load.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

My 14 is shorter and lighter but I'm so use to the 141 it's my keeper. I bought it off the original owner when he was upgrading to a 760 3006. One summer I mounted the tang and was shooting groundhog with 357 HPs. They were only good for 100yd accuracy out of the 141. I see quite a few 14s & 141s at shows locally but most are 30 and 32s and haven't seen any checkered models.

Boolit Master
    Bear in mind, I like Remington pumps and have 2 760s.But "upgrade" is not the correct term in my mind
    Anyway, you have reminded me of a quest! The M141 witb scope was a fortunate accident. I was looking on GB for a 410bore 870, the 141 was on top and no bids ending in half hour. Spur of the moment impulse, turned out very well! Have to watch that, I seem to buy these when ever I see one, and I am married.....

Good old guns are getting hard to come by. Women are a dime a dozen. You have to get your priorities right. My big mistake was to teach mine to shoot.

Boolit Master
    Wifey's daddy took care of that. In college I was shooting IHMSA with a Ruger SBH. She was 85 lbs soaking wet and shot that beast with 250 gr keiths on a bunch od 2400, ram loads. Shot the dang thing better than I did! That was close to 40 years ago, she dosen't shoot much but she dosen't miss at all

Thats pretty nice. Id love to see some more pictures of it.

Boolit Grand Master

Great buy!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy

Got a Redfield JR 14 mount for my rifle today off eBay! Vintage mount cost me 54.00 US but whatever it takes!

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear you found the mount to match your holes, may as well put them to use

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
    Got a Redfield JR 14 mount for my rifle today off eBay! Vintage mount cost me 54.00 US but whatever it takes!
    What scope are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I was just prowling thru some old files looking for something(since forgotten, " there goes a SQUIRREL!!!). I came across a price listing for the 1936 141A *****$46.00*****! That amounts to $837.44 US currency today. Everytbing considered, I would gladly give that for a new one, but suspect the cost to produce it would add 1000 to that number. Assuming anyone today can actually fit a Peterson design well enough for it to work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast