Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: WTS: Italian .54 Hawken Flintlock Rifle & CVA .50 Mountain Pistol

Boolit Buddy

WTS: Italian .54 Hawken Flintlock Rifle & CVA .50 Mountain Pistol

I've had both of these for several years and just don't have the time to shoot them anymore. I have too many projects and just not enough time. They both need to go to a new home where someone can get some use out of them.

The Italian .54 Hawken flintlock rifle is very accurate. I know this because I've put two shots within an inch of each other at 50 yds. using its open sights. I was using Hornady .530 swaged balls and the pre-lubed patches (both included). I've shot two deer with this during a couple of muzzleloading seasons. I don't know who manufactured it but it's well-made, tight, and reliable. The set trigger works as does the adjustable rear sight. It has a glossy finish on the stock but I don't know if this is original or not. Someone added sling swivel studs which are quite handy. The ramrod is fiberglass and doesn't look original to me but I could be wrong. In any event, the ramrod works very well. The front sight has a few dings and looks slightly bent, but it shoots well just the same. The barrel is 28" long and the rifle weighs in at just under 9 lbs. It's seen some use but it's always been cleaned after every use. I will include a brass volumetric powder measure, a charger for the 4F powder used in the pan, a bag of patches, and a mostly full box of Hornady .530" lead balls. I'd like to get SPF $275 plus $25 shipping in a hard case (UPS Ground to CONUS) for the rifle and the accessories mentioned above SPF. Here are the pictures of the rifle and its accessories:

The CVA .50 Mountain Pistol has also been reliable and is all original (I think) with the exception of a stainless steel nipple. It uses the standard #11 percussion caps. The pistol is in good, used condition. It has adjustable sights and shot well for me using the pre-lubed "Ball-ets" (included). It was cleaned with soap and hot water and oiled after every use. It also includes a whole mess of items including a powder measure, powder horn (slightly dented but still works), nipple wrench, ball starter, cleaners, lubes, etc. Pictures of all of these items can be seen in the first post below. I'd like to get SPF $125 plus $13.50 shipping (Priority Mail) for the pistol all of the accessories shown below SPF.

I'm happy to answer any questions and entertain offers but the first "I'll take it!" posted below trumps any "PM sent" or "I'll take it if...." type of post. US sales only. I would prefer payment by a PayPal gift/"friends & family" (or pay the 3% fee) but I'll take a USPS MO from those who don't use PayPal. I'm not interested in any trades at this time. Please don't send cash. No sales of items where prohibited. Unless I know you or we've done business together before, I'll need proof of age (18 yrs or older) before I can ship. Shipments of black powder firearms to Illinois will need to be sent to an FFL. If you're in IL, please make sure that your FFL will accept a shipment from an individual before stating that you would like to purchase the item. Shipping from an FFL on my end will cost an additional $40.

I'm happy to honor the standard 3-day "no shooting" inspection period on these items and I will gladly refund your money (minus shipping) with no questions asked if you aren't happy with it for any reason.
    Last edited by btreanor; 04-26-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    My "Swappin & Sellin" feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=btreanor

Boolit Buddy
    Pics of the pistol and accessories:

My "Swappin & Sellin" feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=btreanor

Boolit Master
    I'll take the pistol and accessories. PM me with payment details. Thanks

Boolit Master
    The I on the barrel stands for Investarms imported by Lyman ,a great reputation /Ed

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Ed!
    Last edited by btreanor; 04-23-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Boolit Master
    Investarms makes the Lyman line of rifles.

Boolit Buddy
    Morning bump

Boolit Master
    Twist rate on #1?/Thanks Ed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Twist rate on #1?/Thanks Ed
    I don't remember seeing any markings on the barrel, but I was told that it has a slow twist rate was for round balls. I'll check again when I'm home tonight.

Boolit Buddy
    I will take the Italian 54 flintlock for $275

Boolit Buddy
    All Sold or SPF- closing thread