Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled my old 788 out of the wayback machine, YIKES how to get a better trigger??

Boolit Buddy
    I went the path of the Timney- it did take some cutting of the stock to make the safety work in my 22-250, but now the trigger is fixed permanently. I don't want to worry about something going wrong with adjustments on the non-adjustable trigger when I am in good PD shooting or even coyote.

Boolit Master
    As the drawing in Mr Dorseys article shows, the sear spring on the 788 is used as the trigger return spring. The modification he described is not hard to perform; I have done it on several 788s and a 582 and can be done with a drill press.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Man
    Here is the fix. Remove the trigger housing.

Now start taking apart ink pen springs in your home. Check the diameter with a caliper. You will find they come in two basic diameters. The smaller dia is what you want. Cut to length, put that spring in the trigger, reinstall the trigger.

Done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12