Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: STOP telemarketers COLD

STOP telemarketers COLD

Well I called my cable company to cut off my home landline telephone ...did not really want to because I've had out business cards with that phone number for years

The lady said certainly we can do HOWEVER ..after telling her the reason to cancel was telemarketers were driving us KRAAAZY ,,,she said I understand but we do "work with" nomorobo.com

I works this way .. thru Charter/Spectrum at least ..you sign up with nomorobo ..then go to your Charter/Spectrum account and set it to dual ring so when an incoming call comes in your phone and nomorobo's phon both get the call and if the call has been initiated by automation (which 90+ % are) ...nomorobo cuts off the call

All that happens on my end if it is a robotic telemarketer/fund raiser/politician/etc etc one ring and nomobobo slits it's throat!!!!!!! ...forgive me ...but I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying that one little single "ding/ring" thru out the day

It is free of charge ..and I am fairly certain that there is also availability for those of you with just regular phone service (not thru a cable company) as I saw an individual sign up portal as well as the one I used which was for like cable company customers

Bear

Doesn't do much for my service provider but I did see where the fed tagged a big India company for robocalls.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

We get as many robo/telemarketing calls on our cell phones as we do the land line.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

May I suggest you do not participate in nonsense such as surveys and provide your actual phone number only to those who have a legitimate reason for contacting you?

That eliminates 99% of the problem.

Boolit Buddy
    Wonder if it’ll work for against home advisor. They are live person callers but still just as annoying.
    👍🏼

Boolit Master
    AT&T landline service won't let you talk to a person until it's Mon-Fri 8-4.

Boolit Master
    Up until a couple of years ago I got exactly zero robocalls a month. Then i was involved in an auto accident (not my fault) and I gave my cell # to the county sheriff and the hospital. Lo and behold I started getting 3 or 4 robocalls a day and they have persisted to this day.

Now when the phone rings with a number that I do not recognize I answer the phone with "FBI fraud investigation division, how may I help you?"

Boolit Master

I use nomorobo and it works about 50% of the time. Actually in the beginning about 100% but telemarketers found a way around it.Now I pick up the phone if it rings more than once and say "hello". If I don't get an instant reply or the classic "don't hang up" I hang up.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Buddy
    I don't answer with "Hello" unless I know the number. Seems to mess with robo calls.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    May I suggest you do not participate in nonsense such as surveys and provide your actual phone number only to those who have a legitimate reason for contacting you?

That eliminates 99% of the problem.
    not true, the robo callers, especially the ones that don't know your name, are simply dialing extentions in order, 123-4567. 123-4568, etc. They never had your number in the first place
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Grand Master

Don't know the number then don't answer. picking up tells the junk callers it's a valid number. If someone needs you they can leave a msg and you can call them back.
    Also, never give your number, email etc out at the auto store, pizza place etc. They bundle that info and sell it for revenue
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

That's why their called robo calls. The phone number is generated by automation. It keeps dialing until it precives an answer'
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The robot calls are getting out of hand for sure.

Funny thing - I put my land line in for MY USE - not to get robot calls- the only reason I keep a landline is for the enhanced 911 so if there is an emergency - they know the address immediately.

Sorry . . but I don't see why all of this nonsense should fall on the subscriber - it's something that should be TAKEN CARE OF BY THE CARRIER - but they evidently don't think it is THEIR job to do it? I'm no "techie" - but it seems to me that the carrier should be asking the customer if they want robot calls blocked - and if they do - it automatically be done by the carrier.

Here where we are in AZ, we are stuck with COX Communications - we have our landline and internet with them. A month ago, we got a notice that our modem needed updating. My wife called - we were informed that they would be shipping us a new modem and we had to take the old one out and put the new one in. Huh? For what we are charged each month - what ever happened to such companies SERVICING THEIR OWN customers - i.e. - set up a time and send a person out to switch out the modem. On top of it, we were told that we had to either ship the old one back or take it to a COX store location where we would get an actual printed receipt for it. The girl on the phone suggested that we take it to the store and get the receipt as if we didn[t have it and there was a question about whether the old modem was returned, we could be charged for the old modem. Again . . . huh? So not only did we have to perform THEIR JOB of replacing the equipment, we had to drive 15 miles to a COX store to return the old one. Then, she we replaced it, it didn't connect correctly so it took an hour of our time on the phone with them to get it working . . . again . . huh? Now that it's installed . . . we have received three notices form them that it is urgent that we need to replace and upgrade the modem or else we may not get service . . . huh?

There always seems to be increases in cable, dish, phone, internet fees and the service get's worse. I'm not for guv'ment intrusion but the companies that provide the above services seem to have a "free rein" when it comes to rate increases and not having to answer for poor service . . . .

Boolit Master

If its a recorded call, not much I can do but hang up, but if I get a live caller looking for the man/woman/owner of the house...I'll tell them to hold on & get them, then I continue to whatever I was doing before the call...I don't get mad, I get even...waste my time & I'll waste yours...

With sales/robot calls I just lay the phone down and go back to what I was doing!