Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a Hatsan 130 30 cal Breakbarrel.

Boolit Master

Just bought a Hatsan 130 30 cal Breakbarrel.

I haven't shot it yet I have some 44.75 grain Polymags coming on Monday. Looking forward to shooting it.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Enjoy!

I thought about it long and hard, decided I prefered to stick with .22 and under for my airguns. If I need more than that I switch to powder burners.

A light bullet or round ball, a couple of grains of Red Dot and you have everything that .30 caliber air rifle has, with less work, and as must more as you want if needed.

To me all tools have their place. What that is will vary with the user.

Boolit Master

I look forward to your reading about your new air gun. The molds by NOE could make shooting a .30 affordable.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Congrats on your new .30 cal hatsan! I’d be very interested in how it shoots accuracy wise for you.

Pictures please?

This is a .30 cal Break Barrel Springer?

Is it easy to cock?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

W. R. Buchanan. Street price is cheaper than this and Refurbs a better deal yet.
    https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/mod-130s-qe/
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master

I got a Refurb directly from Hatsan. I paid $169.00 plus $10.00for shipping. I ordered it on Monday and got it on Wednesday.

Boolit Master
    Before getting too hot for this, I would need to know the vel. and trajectory to see if it is valid out to 50 yds or more.

I would need to know how much force it takes to cock the thing with a 11" barrel? it gets 590 fps with a 34 gr pellet which is not bad at all. But along with that comes a serious spring and not much leverage with only an 11" barrel,,, so how hard is it to cock?

My Beeman R1 is pretty hard to cock. I have to use my right arm to cock it as opposed to all my other guns which I can cock with my left arm. All those guns have 16-19" barrels.

The price is reasonable and especially for the Refurbs, but if you can't cock the thing more than twice in a day it makes little difference.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Buddy
    Although the Hatsan sounds a good price, I do hope you're not disappointed with the performance. Although larger bore spring airguns seem attractive, you just can't beat physics, there's only so much energy you can put in and you'll be lucky to convert 30% back in usable energy.

With this air rifle zeroed at 35 yards it will be over an inch high at 20 yards and over 9" low at 60 yards, that's with using a 34 grain pellet at 540fps. With a 44 grain pellet at 500 fps you're nearly 2" high at 25 yards and 14" low at 60 yards. These lumps of lead will also bounce well for a considerable distance off flat land.

Boolit Master

I wont be disappointed at all. Any airgunner worth his salt learns the trajectory. It's no different then any other pellet in how they act. That's why a lot of guys use AO scopes with mildots. Videos have shown they shoot very accurate at 50 yards. Videos also show they hit hard. The only pellets I have seen were the 44 and the 50 grain ones. I research before I buy all the stuff I watched was favorable.

As far as cocking goes I'm 67 and I have no issues cocking it. I can cock it with one arm. Cocking it 3/4 of the way and using the other arm to assist works well too. But as I said I can cock it with one arm.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

I assume that if he can cock it with one arm, then he has also shot it. Pretty much everyone knows it's not good to leave them cocked for long periods.

Randy

Boolit Master

Yes I shot it a couple of times. When I can get out in nicer weather I will sight it in and start shooting it more. This Thurs and Fri they are saying 10 to 14 inches of snow. Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by jh45gun View Post
    Yes I shot it a couple of times. When I can get out in nicer weather I will sight it in and start shooting it more. This Thurs and Fri they are saying 10 to 14 inches of snow. Bah!
    In that case I hope the weather holds off for you for awhile, we’re back in a rain every other day pattern here. Very very interested in your results with this one when you get a chance to really wring it out some.
    The 130 has been advertised to be about 40 to 50 FPS. faster than the 135 in 30 cal., but don’t know how well that’s holding up gun for gun yet.
    I’ve seen a couple of reviews that held up to the faster speed, but at least one review had them about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I assume that if he can cock it with one arm, then he has also shot it. Pretty much everyone knows it's not good to leave them cocked for long periods.

Randy
    In a previous post in this thread, I had expressed interest in the op’s accuracy results and “assumed” he would know what I was asking when I asked again if he had shot it yet. Obviously from his post #14 he understood.

As for leaving them cocked for longer periods of time, the only break bbl. 130 hatsan i’m Aware of is the 130s which is a gas ram and can certainly be left cocked for longer periods than a springer, which would take a set in the spring if left cocked for too long.There may be a 130 hatsan springer in .30 cal. I’m not aware of?
    The mod. 135 comes in spring or gas ram.

Who makes the 34 gr. Pellet you made mention of at 590 FPS.? The lightest .30 cal. pellet I was aware of in .30 cal. is the H&N 43.13 gr., which I understand is the one hatsan used in the 130s to hit 590 fps.
    If someone is making a 34 gr. Pellet in 30 cal. and it shoots accurately in a break bbl., that would be the final straw for me in making my mind up to get one of these rifles!

Boolit Master

I consider this my "45/70" air gun. While this gun is not high velocity neither were the original black powder loads for the 45/70 with their heavy cast bullets. Yet they could shoot through large game. It doesn't matter what pellet caliber you are using it's what knowing your effective range and the best pellet for the gun. Lots of guys use the 177 and 22 cal crosman pellet guns in their pump up pistols or co2 platforms and kill squirrel and rabbits and lots of older guns in the 500 to 600 fps range do the same. Yes even coons taken. Pellet placement and range is what to consider. With the 30 cal break barrel you have a lot heavier pellet that will hit harder because it is hitting a bigger area for more shock. Plus at 50 yards I figure the pellet will not be as wind resistant say as a light 177. The video of the guy shooting pigeons and rabbits with a 30 cal breakbarrel was impressive he just flattened them. In today's airgun world many who have pcp guns now look down at everything else. Heck I still enjoy shooting a daisy 880 that still would kill a squirrel or a rabbit. I enjoy my Crosman guns too and also have a Crosman NitroVenom 177 Breakbarrel and a Hatsan Edge 22 breakbarrel both gas arms. It is my expectation the 130 will work just fine when learning the trajectory and the range I shoot best at.

Well said jh45gun,

Lol, I hunted squirrel this past season with nothing but a Daisy 880. Had a ton of fun hunting with that light, slick carrying little mid powered air rifle.
    Would love to give the same thing a try with the hatsan 130s!

Boolit Master

Yeah I have two 880's that are newer and an older one not working I can't get to pump up even with new parts. Good guns and accurate and a bargain. As far as the 130 goes, yeah I'm looking forward to doing some hunting with it and pest shooting. Where I live all the pigeons are in town and off limits. I never see any in the areas out where I can shoot.

Boolit Master

I mounted a Bushnell Trophy red dot on my Hatsan 130. I figured it would take it and it has a really fine dot setting on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast