Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bellyband Holster

Boolit Bub

Bellyband Holster

Looking for a bellyband holster for a J Frame , anybody use one?

Boolit Grand Master
    Some of my women friends use them due to the gauzy pants they wear that have no waistband for a holster to clip to.

I tried one and in the summer I found it to be a chafing prickly rash inducing sweatbox. Cooler weather no problem, but since I am a guy I failed to see what they could do that an IWB holster could not do better and more comfortably year round. This with a J frame.

Boolit Buddy
    Walmart sell a cheap universal setup that you could try for a proof of concept to see if it suits you.

Boolit Master
    We have a few belly band holsters around here. They do work quite well when there isn't a strong belt to carry a holster. or,, if you wish to reduce the "printing" of a firearm. Better ones are built to where they don't chafe,, or cause much sweat.

Boolit Mold
    Had one I used for my BUG before we moved to external vest carriers (they had a pocket for a BUG). Worked OK, likely still have it somewhere. I'll need to do a search..

Boolit Buddy

I have severely damaged hips from too many years of wearing a Gunbelt & fighting Drunks, so my EDC is usually in a Bellyband. I experimented with a Glock 27 but have returned to a 5 shot Revolver, right now it is between a Charter Arms Undercover & a 9mm Ruger LCR. Any pant with a heavy waistband like Jeans only last about an hour before I am in so much pain I can not bear to stand or walk, as such my normal attire is Sweat Pants. I use suspenders, clamping them to the waistband & Bellyband together. YMMV
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Bub
    Ahh Thank all of you all, these are some of the problems Im trying to deal with also. Ive heard talk about the hot sweaty issues and have read that some are preforted and made of different types of neoprene material and looking for any piticular brand or type of material that works. I have wore full wet suits in 7mm for scuba diving and they make some high end suits that are a breeze to put on and take off and very comfortable, just looking to buy the right one first as comfort will be the key if its used or not.

Boolit Master
    Wife made one for me. Denim from worn out blue jeans and velcro. Pouch on the right side will hold a Ruger SP101, or a Smith and Wesson 642, or a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield. Pouch on the left side will hold 4 magazines or speed strips, depending on what I need at the time. I wear bib overalls most of the time. A belly band is pretty much the only thing that works.

Boolit Master

I noticed CrossBreed Holsters had a belly band set up a couple of days ago. Don't know if it's any good or not, But it looked interesting
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I used one in my younger years when my belly just had a front, now it has a top and a bottom , and a belly band is miserable to wear , if you are built for it they conceal really well , reasonably comfortable worn over a t shirt , they can be difficult to get the gun back in.

Boolit Grand Master

In a pinch or to test the theory technique an Ace bandage works well. 2 wraps around and tuck firearm between them. A lot used the Ace bandages before the belly bands became available.

I’ve gravitated to pocket holsters and have them for my lightweight j frame, lightweight colt mustang and one for a lightweight 625-10 [for a jacket pocket]. I sometimes carry in my front pocket but usually in my back pocket. I’m not fat [6’4 @235lb] but all my extra stuff is around my middle. Wouldn’t think a belly band would be any faster or slower draw than a pocket holster.