Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: 20 gauge Roundball Recipes

Boolit Bub

20 gauge Roundball Recipes

Looking for recipes including exact ball diameter and wad used in 20ga multi-roundball loads. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Drakehammer; 04-02-2019 at 09:21 AM.

I've been lurking on this thread;
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...d-ball-in-20ga

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    Great thread. I am also thinking of doing the 575 Lee mold in 20 gauge. I would be only loading 2 3/4 shells however.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master
    I just cast some.575 with the intention of a 20ga RB load. Any info that comes this way would be appreciated. I fingered the ball wad combo through the barrel and it seems a might light. Perhaps the push from being fired will make the difference. Sure missing' Jeff Tanner now.

Boolit Master
    Have my 10 gauge Sizemaster and 12 gauge 600JR in the back of my truck along with the components. Today at the shop I wanna load some more 10 gauge with the .69” ball and 12 gauge 2 3/4” with the double .600” balls and the solid base slugs . Last week I loaded six of this and six of that etc . This time a couple dozen of the 10 gauge and perhaps eighteen of both the 12 gauge loads .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Have my 10 gauge Sizemaster and 12 gauge 600JR in the back of my truck along with the components. Today at the shop I wanna load some more 10 gauge with the .69” ball and 12 gauge 2 3/4” with the double .600” balls and the solid base slugs . Last week I loaded six of this and six of that etc . This time a couple dozen of the 10 gauge and perhaps eighteen of both the 12 gauge loads .
    Can you offer insight to a good 20ga roundball load? That’s what the rest of us are looking for. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to add yet but i plan to cast 58 and 60 cal RBs this coming week to try in a 20ga rifled H&R Tracker II slug gun. I will be water quenching and the alloy is a hardball copy so i expect a fairly hard RB. I will heat treat if i think i need too. I have several wads to try and will be using blue dot and unique powders. This SG only has iron sights so i will be shooting at 50 yards.

BB

Boolit Grand Master
    Thought I'd check back and see if anybody has a favorite or recommended load for the .575 round ball in the 20 ga. My inquiring mind, such as it is, wants to know.