Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 375 Winchester Loads

Boolit Buddy

375 Winchester Loads

Looking for data for 375 Winchester in a 94 Win. I've got dies, brass, a 275 gr mold for a boolit in my H&H's, and a 250 gr mold on the way. I'm looking for a load to drive the 250's to about 1600 fps and the 275's to 1400 or so fps. I'm thinking 15 gr Unique would get the 250 to 1500-1600. Input? Pet loads?
    I tried to search the forums but came up with nothing.

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Buddy
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Find other info on the net with regards to 38-55 loads in the 375.

Boolit Grand Master
    I loaded a few score 265-ish grain 375-449 with 20 grains of 2400 and 20.5 of 4759. As I recall, they shot pretty well, I also shot a load with 748, 40 grains of it with the same boolit. Out of the light Winchester AE it was an attention getter, but never achieved the hunting greatness I desired, as its mere presence seemed to scare game out of the county.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Bub
    Just smacking a steel gong around, 22 or 23 gr. of H4227 under a 240 gr. LBT bullet isn't to bad. Jump that load up to 26 gr. and put meat on the ground. Recoil starts climbing naturally, but if just for a couple shots, not that bad.

Boolit Buddy
    As soon as the 250 gr mold gets here I'll try some 4227, starting at 20 gr and work up. Ever tried Unique with the 240?

Thanx
    Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master
    I am using 10 gr of Aliant 2028 with the Lee 255 bullet. Very accurate, like 3 touching at 40yards. I have never shot that load from a bench or over a chronograph,it’s my “giant 22” plinker. 2028 has shown to be very close to Unique in my research. Guessing it’s around 1200ish FPS. I was out of unique after the panic but had a keg of 2028 for our 20ga loads. Noticed that published loads matched up quite well with Unique. It meters better and is no where close to pressure limit, so I just haven’t seen a need to try the Unique. Suspect there would be no practical difference.
    I can’t give any input on driving them faster with shotgun powder, I go to RL7 for that realm and 4895 or 4064 for hunting loads.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

24g of IMR4198 with either bullet will get you close to the velocity you mentioned.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    You may find what you seek by searching 38-55 loads, especially single shots. The 375 Win is basically a 38-55 with a higher SAAMI pressure spec and more consistent bore size.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I know this is a old thread, but, this is a caliber and the Big Bore (not the angle eject) XTR rifle, that I really regret selling off.
    I was not impressed with the groups with factory loads in 200 and 250 gr Winchesters, or 220 Hornady reloads. 2 to 4 inches at 80 yards was as good as I could produce with a Williams receiver site, and mostly closer to 4 inch. Next I tried the Lyman 375449 264 gr FN GC mold, which dropped bullets with close to 280 gr after lube and gas checks. Same range, same conditions, groups were under 2 inches and some would run to 1 1/2 inches. I was using a stiff load of Reloader #7.
    I don't know why I sold it as those early BB XTR's where beautiful rifles. Just got swept up with others in a safe purge.