Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: WTB: 22 Hornet barrel

Boolit Master

WTB: 22 Hornet barrel

I'm STILL looking for a .22 Hornet barrel to fit a Savage 340, 342, or Stevens 322, etc...
    I've been watching the auctions, and I'm just not ready to pay $400 for the whole rifle, to scratch that itch!
    Surely someone, somewhere, knows of or has a parts gun that has a barrel that's still good - and for sale!!

Let me know what you have and what you want for it. I have plenty of trade goods, or could come up with some cash.

Thanks folks!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

2. 04-01-2019, 07:12 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

3. 04-01-2019, 11:25 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

4. 04-01-2019, 04:54 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

5. 04-01-2019, 07:28 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

6. 04-02-2019, 12:22 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

Needs to be bumped, Mac
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

8. 04-04-2019, 11:52 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

9. 04-07-2019, 11:29 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

Boolit Master
    Not familiar with a Stevens 300 series, so are you looking for a barrel blank, contoured blank , or a used barrel? What twist ?
    Reason being I have a 1/12 twist barrel heavy taper varnint from a Howa. Plenty of meat left on the back end to cut off the chamber and re chamber in 22 hornet.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Master
    I'm hoping for a used barrel from that series of rifles, so that I can unscrew the current barrel - it was rechambered to .222 Remington before I got it - and screw the replacement on, headspace, and go shooting.
    It's the expense of going with a different barrel and having all the machine work done, that is keeping me from going that route.
    I do appreciate the response and offer though!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

12. 04-10-2019, 10:22 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

13. 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

14. 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

15. 04-10-2019, 11:43 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

16. 04-18-2019, 05:13 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

17. 04-21-2019, 09:41 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

18. 04-21-2019, 10:18 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

Boolit Master
    Still looking.

Anybody got a local gun shop that's been there forever? Maybe that old gunsmith has one sitting on a shelf in the back?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Boolit Master
    There's just got to be one out there!!

21. 06-08-2019, 09:38 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

22. 06-08-2019, 01:23 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

23. 06-12-2019, 09:04 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

24. 06-12-2019, 11:41 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

25. 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

26. 06-12-2019, 03:45 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

27. 06-15-2019, 11:47 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

28. 06-15-2019, 01:07 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

29. 06-15-2019, 02:35 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

30. 06-17-2019, 11:28 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

31. 06-24-2019, 11:11 AM
    Reason
    Discussion

Cast Boolits Owner

bump!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

No 1,

"Discussion" is part of "Marketing", which as far as I know, is what we are trying to accomplish here? "Swapping & Sellin"! Yes, obssed1958, is a personal friend of mine. He is trying to finds a rare product and I was just trying to help him.

Please don't take this, that I'm trying to be smart with you, because I'm not. I am just trying to understand these deletions? I tried to PM you without success.

Sincerely, Mac (my carrier included 32 years in Sales & Marketing)

PS. A PM answer would be fine, thanks.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Thanks for advocating for me Mac!
    I'm okay with the reduction in posts - his house, his rules. I'm thankful for a forum to post my request on, and friends that care enough to help me out!!

Bump to the top!

Yes Sir, Bump

Another bump.

Bump!

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by cobbmtmac View Post
    No 1,

"Discussion" is part of "Marketing", which as far as I know, is what we are trying to accomplish here? "Swapping & Sellin"! Yes, obssed1958, is a personal friend of mine. He is trying to finds a rare product and I was just trying to help him.

Please don't take this, that I'm trying to be smart with you, because I'm not. I am just trying to understand these deletions? I tried to PM you without success.

Sincerely, Mac (my carrier included 32 years in Sales & Marketing)

PS. A PM answer would be fine, thanks.
    Hi Mac,
    Sorry I did not answer sooner i just saw this. I deleted the bumps that were no longer needed - it cleans up the thread for the buyers, nobody like scrolling through 15 "bumps" to get to the meat of the thread. I hope that answers your question.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

No 1,

As Don, said "his house his rules". I am also thankful for this forum. I do understand, regulations and controls, otherwise things could run wild.

Having said that, I really appreciate you answering me. I am OK, it was that, I took the deletion personal and now understand, I shouldn't have.

Thanks, Mac

PS. if you delete this I will understand.