Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Tennessee Arms polymer lower

Boolit Master

Tennessee Arms polymer lower

Well I’d thought I got a really good deal on a lower receiver, TN Arms hybred lower; I’ve seen a few reviews online and seems like there were some early problems, it also sounds like the 4th generation production is much much better- and any pervious gen loser can be sent back for a new one. A lifetime warranty, I liked the looks of it and the company selling them had made a really good touture test video. Anyhow any of you ladies and gents had any first hand experience with these lowers? Seems a lot of people in the inter webs hate polymer lowers but they love Glocks?!? Any real world hands on experience would be appreciated, thank you

As long as it works and you like it that's all that matters. I'm fond of the one piece CavArms type lower for a lightweight AR build. I would think the buffer tube boss would be the weak point on a traditional style lower but it's probably fine in normal use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The buffer tube boss or tower is reinforced with metal as are other threaded areas such as the grip screw. Texas I remember the post you did I think you had two or three of those lowers- with nice paint jobs if I recall.

Boolit Master
    Another polymer lower to try Plum Crazy lowers sold by Classic Firearms. Complete lower 100$

Boolit Master
    I recently talked to a small local shop owner because I knew he was selling very reasonable priced ars some time ago. I always thought I would like a poly unit for weight savings. He said he will not do poly any more because he had to many returns for issues that many could not be satisfied competely. He said no more poly ar in his rack. I would trust one because of my low volume of shooting I do.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

The quality of poly lowers seems to be all I’ve the board; I decided to go with this TN arms because the price was good and the first batch of lowers they made had some spec problems and the owner went on as many message boards and gun sites as he could to let every known that he stood behind his prodiand all
    Could be sent back for replacement or full refund- the new generation seem to be getting good reviews and I’ve always wanted to try one- a quality one- the first one I had I only trust as a dedicated.22lr.
    I like small shops that stand by their stuff.
    I just finished the building the lower and it went together very nicely and easily and it is impossible to scratch the finish off;cause it’s one color throughout feels every bit as tough a polymer as a Glock so we will see how she holds up.

Boolit Bub
    With the abundance of very inexpensive aluminum lowers, I would steer clear of a poly.

Boolit Master

I have a polymer lower, and one of my uppers is built on a polymer upper. I wouldn't use one on a large caliber thumper but my 22 nosler and 300 BO do not kick hard at all.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I picked up some of the plum crazy lowers before they split and started back up with better they say design, I had one problem with the trigger assembly failing and the rifle going full auto until the mag was empty but would not fire again if reloaded yea I tried lol. Reg AR parts will not work for the internals I have one left out of Five reason is selling guns or trades now I am using andersons stripped lowers and building them depends on where you get your parts cost is not much different. I can get a stripped lower local for 50 bucks plus tax and a lower build kit from PSA for around 80 bucks.
    I been picking up their kits where all I need to add is the sights and mag best bang for the buck for me.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

I do not recall the brand, but I had a poly lower from palmetto state armory. I could not tell a difference from other lowers, and I went through several configurations. Always sold the old one to finance the new and discovered I just don’t like the ar platform. As long as you don’t go all mall ninja “operater” on one, you should be fine.

Banned

steel lower 40 bucks on psa. No brainer. Why even take the chance

Boolit Master

Steel lowers? Never heard of a steel lower-

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Steel lowers? Never heard of a steel lower-
    I believe he meant aluminum alloy, last flyer I had from them was $49. For $10 difference the PSA lower makes more sense.

OOPS I just looked they are now $40.

Vendor Sponsor

The PSA lower @ $39 is hard to beat. I built my 300 pistol with one and very happy with it. Everything fits, it's tight where the pins fit, I have not one complaint.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

I believe he knew exactly what I meant
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    I believe he meant aluminum alloy, last flyer I had from them was $49. For $10 difference the PSA lower makes more sense.

OOPS I just looked they are now $40.

Banned

ive built the last 7 out of 8 ars ive done using psa lowers and have yet to have a problem with any of them. The other was a ruger bare. Had to chuckle at the gunshop. They had a bolt gun I wanted and I didn't have the money so I used two Ars I built as trade stock. One was a psa lower and one was a ruger. the idiot (son of the owner) gave me a 150 bucks more for the ruger. He told me those ruger lowers are much better quality then the psa lowers!! Even told him the rest of the gun was all psa. guess I should have bought more ruger lowers when I could have got them for 50 bucks. Im sure he got his money back though. He probably sold it saying it was a ruger ar15.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    The PSA lower @ $39 is hard to beat. I built my 300 pistol with one and very happy with it. Everything fits, it's tight where the pins fit, I have not one complaint.