Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recourse Against Ditch Jumpers!

What would solve all these problems is common sense and respect for others!

Pitch a fit with the state or county to put up a guardrail,
    or you could put up some sort of wire fence that will entangle and trap a car when it comes through it.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 03-31-2019 at 11:13 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    now I'm picturing someone's yard looking like Omaha beach with Czech hedgehog's and barbwire lol

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    My apologies for the hijack, but what's a good solution/deterrent against mailbox bashers? I have had to replace 3 so far, and finally welded a steel guard (1 inch square tube welded to a 5 x 5 inch 1/4" steel plate, power nailed to a concrete-filled steel fencepost) in front of the 'passengers' side of the post.
    A guy I knew put a piece of 6"x6" by .25 thick square tubing in his mail box and bolted it to the base. He said he found the mailbox scuffed but that soon stopped.

Growing up I lived on a corner lot and we had trouble with people cutting the corner and rutting the yard. My dad lined the corner with 2ft dia decorative rocks and the problem eventually went away.
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of your grief. But what ever your outcome it will in one way or another cost you money. First and for most, lots and lots of pictures, maybe consider a lawyer to be on the safe side. People are real funny now a days, as in sue happy for the slightest things. I do hope your problem is taken care of soon.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Moderator Emeritus
    Plant some trees relatively close together. The bigger they are to start, the better. The barrier gets bigger/better every year, looks good, and is pretty cheap.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't know your state laws but in most states you can not put up a barrier that will cause bodily harm intentionaly. This sucks as you are having multiple occurrences at your location. Have you reported all of these occurences? Report every one and get a track record of the offences. You have legal rights here. You may be able to sue the city/ township you live in if you have had enough reports of damage.You usually have to have at least 4 or 5 reported incidents to get any leverage or right to sue. Report EVERY ONE no matter how slight from now on to the Police. To repeat REPORT EVERY ONE TO THE POLICE you must have a record of damage to your property to get any recourse DOO

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,
    We had a similar problem at our family farm. People would drive in our old drive way completely ignoring the trespassing signs. We had several sections of diamond harrows with worn out teeth that we used to drag around and level the yard and lane ways. My Dad just flipped them over and left them across the old driveway. He told all our neighbors not to use that driveway. Sure enough a couple of “wasters” what we called guys that were up to no good, ran over the harrows and flattened their tires. They were plenty mad....but with 4’x8’ no trespassing signs up, the police didn’t say much but charged them and then had a tow company haul their truck away. Didn’t have a problem again.
    The best part of disabling their vehicle it gives the police something to actually use to prove who it was. No tow company would dare tow a vehicle off of private land without the police involved. Here the tow company would be responsible for any damages and would get charged with trespassing. Could be different where you are??

Boolit Buddy

Buy a cheap camper or mobile home and position it as a residence in the runoff zone. A vehicle encounter with a dwelling that may be occupied will get appropriate attention.
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If a car goes off road and into a large raspberry or blackberry thicket, it isn't going to drive out of there easily, any time soon. People in it will have "a time" getting out, even... I've seen some times this happened and it took the tow rig "some time" to get them out of there!

Banned
    You can fill the ruts created by a vehicle that left the road or you can fill the ruts AND pick up all of the tiny pieces of the car after it impacted a barrier. I'd rather just fill the ruts.

Boolit Master

Pester the state first that may be the cheapest way forward then build a dirt mound with the briars all over it.

Boolit Master

we had a guy in my old town that had about the same situation, he started suing everyone that wrecked in his yard, problem never really stopped but he made enough money that he no longer gave a dang about his yard.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Keep in mind Any thing you put up you are going to have to fix. It's your yard I would think you could build any thing you wanted on it ( within reason ) but check your local laws to be safe.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Had a buddy who's dad got tired of replacing mail box's from people hitting them with ball bat . So had his mail sent to po box set a 3 inch steel pipe in concrete and mounted mail box filled with concrete. Bought a week later sure enough kid smacked the mail box and broke his arms you guessed it got sued to poor house.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Mail boxes are federal property, someone trying to damage one who was injured and then sues you has just confessed to a federal crime, seems to me? I'd pass that on to the feds if that happened.

Vendor Sponsor

Big and deep sand trap. Car goes will not come out without a wrecker.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

We fought this for years at my Father in Laws farm. Same story, sharp curve. They mowed down a whole mess of fruit trees one night and it took 5 years to regrow them. We had to take the trespassers to small claims court as they had no insurance. Finaly after 20 years they closed off the curve and made a t with stop signs.

Spikes rocks ect that can be proven a danger leave YOU open to law suit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelgunConvert View Post
    Buy a cheap camper or mobile home and position it as a residence in the runoff zone. A vehicle encounter with a dwelling that may be occupied will get appropriate attention.
    Seems like any disposable vehicle parked near enough to the point where they lose control would be a deterrent/barrier.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

We had a neighbor that had this problem. What he did was rented a back hoe and dug a 3' wide by 3' deep ditch and filled it with pea gravel and plated petunias in flower pots flush with the gravel. It ended the problem and it looked nice

It ended up being a guy he called the Sheriff on because he was fishing in a crick on his land.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast