WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Needed .. 22 hornet chamber reamer and other stuff

Banned

Needed .. 22 hornet chamber reamer and other stuff

I hope no one minds if I post this here .

The other day I was digging threw my " stuff " and I found a 25 inch
    Green mountain barrel blank . A .224 dia 1-12 twist blank to be exact . It must have been an on sale item cause I for sure don't remember buying it .
    I can't have a brand new barrel blank sitting around so I decided to build another Frank dehaas chicopee rifle with it .

I spent a few hours and got the blank turned down to a manageable size for my little lathe , and started making the parts for the action .
    I got most of those done and realized a flaw in my plan of a quick rifle build .... I don't have a reamer ! Ooops.

So maybe you have a .22 hornet chamber reamer you don't need anymore . I'd like to buy it or trade you out of it . Trading is my prefered method .

And I could use a few 22 hornet cases for setting head space .
    Ideally 10 or more so I can measure rims and get an average thickness .
    Or if you have a good supply ,.. maybe I can buy or trade you out of 100 or so cases , I'll be needing them down the road anyways .

And down the road a piece I'll also be needing a set of dies .
    If you have a set and aren't in a hurry , maybe we can get something worked out for when I'm ready for them .

Thanks

Oh yea ... this is the helping hands area .
    So if you keep looking I'll post a couple pictures of where I'm at in my quick build . And at the very bottom you'll notice one item i dont need for my build .
    A reciever ring for a chickopee build using a 10-22 barrel .
    If your familiar with the de-Haas actions and have maybe wanted to do a build yourself but lack machine tools . Here ya go ... the only part in the build you can't make without a lathe . Just post an I would like it and in a few days if there more then one taker I'll draw lots for it .

Attachment 238940Attachment 238941
    Attachment 238942
    Attachment 238943

Looks like a lot of fun and a cool falling block design! I have a 22 hornet reamer, but don't want to get rid of it just yet. I don't have ready access to machine tools or I would have embarked on a journey like this. Pm me, we may be able to work something out.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

I built one of these in 17 HMR neat little gun. I need to do a little work on it as it does not always work the first time.
    I think I need to make my hammer spring a little longer.
    Those kits save a lot of work, but the guy quit making them. Perhaps someone else is now.

Banned
    Sweet ... pm inbound .

Elmacyver
    I built one already in 25-20 it turned out pretty decent . I think most of the time involved is fitting everything .
    But you bring up a sore point in the builds , springs !
    I hate messing around trying to get springs right . Hours and hours and hours spent .
    You also mentioned kits , I bought one of the kits before the first build , it's where the 10-22 reciever ring came from .
    If anyone happens to see a kit for sale , I highly recommend staying away from them unless it's cheap as dirt .
    The receiver ring I got was very well made , everything else was trash an only served well as basic templates
    The parts I already have cut out and holes drilled in I copied from my other rifle . They all still need quite a bit of work yet .

Banned
    reamer is all taken care of

Banned
    many thanks to 1989toddm
    with a little trading I got the use of his reamer to finish up my barrel .
    life is good

Glad it worked out! Don't forget we need pics of the finished rifle when you get to that
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9