MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theft

a couple of years ago someone broke into my shed and stole a bunch of my brass, mostly 38special and 357Mag, but some 44speciaal & 44mag as well un-noticed to me an unmarked jar with some white crystalline powder was also taken, I keep waiting to hear that some DOA (presumed OD victim) at the morgue has EXPLODED because what was in that glass jar was just over two ounces not of any drug, but instead HexaMethylene Triperoxide Diamine.

There was a reason I kept it in a baby food jar inside a plastic Folgers coffee "can" filled with damp sand.
    And kept that Folgers can inside a 5gallon pail filled with sand.

But a friend told me it looked like Crystal meth, if someone had put it onto a glass meth pipe and tried to smoke it what would be found is a headless, handless, corpse! And I'd still be laughing hysterically...

Fortunately, I had gotten rid of the five gallons of Methyl Nitrate about four years before so there was no chance for anyone to try to drink it.... :O
    Last edited by AllanD; 04-17-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    Beeman; If you have a Homeowner's Policy on your primary home, there may be some coverage available for property off-premesis. Talk to your Agent, and read your policy. There are a few agents who will tell you a loss isn't covered, just so it will not appear on their loss ratio history. Good lucK!

I second or third the motion to hang em high. Maybe we ought to start a petition you can cut there hands off but then they'll just convince someone else to do the deed or try to sue.

no ins at all
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Banned

Glad you are getting some of your stuff back.

About the cameras. You have no expectation of privacy in the public. If you can see it with your eyes then you can not do anything about it. You can not trespass your eyes.

In Remembrance

I have a buddy back in Maine who was always the victim of thefts. He started hiding game trail cameras around the property, expecting the theifs to come back for more. Sure enough, he quickly had enough evidence to get the three thiefs convicted. They had scrapped most of his stuff for cash, so he never really recovered much. However, the satisfaction that he helped others from losing stuff was repayment enough.
    Some of the new game trail cameras actually work with Wireless, and can send an alert and video images of the culprits right to your phone. Being able to call the Sheriff while the bad guys are on the property is pretty neat.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123