WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theft

Theft

We have a 30 acre place in Daingerfield Tx that is used for pig hunting and a place to sleep when We gp to our Oklahoma farm Since Myy body wont let Me travel or hunt I was going to go pick up the 4 wheeler and a few other things and bring them to Santa Fe. Had a freind go check on things before making a trip to get stuff. He called Me yesterday and informed Me that all the containers and covered trailer had been broke into Lost a tracctor,4 wheeler,all tools oxy-act welding rig,Tv and who knows what else.

I doubt We will see any of the stuff again just a pain to loose things. Just a bit of a vent on My part.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Sorry to hear that, I'm in that area several times a year on weekends. In the 5 years I've been going out there, my friends property has not had any issues. He has cameras everywhere, some of which he monitors on his phone. Let's hope it doesn't happen to him.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

i truly hate thieves with a passion. i believe thieves should be hung.

Banned
    I hate thieves.

Unfortunately a rural location is no guarantee that one will be immune from theft, In fact, remote locations are particularly vulnerable.

Boolit Master

sorry to hear that, at least file a report so maybe the sheriff has an idea something is going on in his jurisdiction.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Report was made yesterday
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

USMC 77, USRA 79

Awww Charles.. I am very sorry sir.. sin is it’s own punishment sir... vengeance is mine, says the Lord..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear this. Maybe some of it will be recovered.

Boolit Master

Been my luck nothing ever gets recovered and law enforcement around this town only cares if its one of their own or better connected and this place is heavy on the democrat side . Guns forget it tools forget them almost a waste of time if something is missing , oh if you find out who , they only use yours to get a plea deal on them for other stuff meanwhile tough you know what on charges for your belongings . And the riff raff loves rural , but will steal anything anywhere ,pawn shops here well thick as thieves with the trash and they know its stolen but do not care. Sorry for your loss .

Boolit Master

I hate thieves as much as the next honest man.

But I'm not thrilled with the Security Camera's that are used by my neighbor. He is a believer in Computers for everything, he has camera's covering every angle of his property. And more then half of mine.

I deeply resent his intrusiveness into my property. I can't come and go in privacy. There is no privacy in my own backyard. He has at least 3 seperate monitors in his house, that I know of.
    I feel as though I am being spied upon in my own home.

I can see his cameras rotate and watch me as I go from truck to backdoor. My own Patio is under surveillance. I no longer can go from my house's backdoor to my Garage's backdoor without being spied on. He has motion sensors that trigger lights every time I open my backdoor. And the Camera's swivel to watch our every move.

So much for being free in one's own home and privacy.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Walks, you could put up fences to block their view, I would guess? Annoying and costly, tho. At least their system will reduce your chances of burglary somewhat, on the good side?

Boolit Buddy
    Walks, I wouldn't be able to stand that. Temp solution - clothes line, garage sale sheets/blankets.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Walks, I would check with a law enforcement and a attorney. To see if there is something you can do to stop him.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Modern day horse thieves and rustlers who re too lazy to work and EARN their own way . . . and we all know what they used to do to such people in the "old west". Hopefully some or all of your stuff will show up / / / I would think local LE might have some ideas of where it went or where to at least look? Bu mow to ,ay have been "converted" in to something to put up their nose or in their veins . . . . oh, I forgot . . . the left says there is no border crises or drug issues . . . .

Boolit Buddy
    I was told that a laser shined in camera would burn it out.I dont know ,but its worth a try if you have a laser.

Banned
    I'm sorry to hear that Charles, this just hasn't been your year!

The only thing that will stop thieves is the fear of repercussions.

Maybe the serial numbers of some of the stuff that got taken will turn up.

Makes you wish you had hidden some GPS tracking chips in some of those item.

Stealing is a big problem in rural areas these days. Mostly drug addicts looking for something to trade for their next fix. They ought to put out a bounty on these lowlifes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I hate thieves as much as the next honest man.

But I'm not thrilled with the Security Camera's that are used by my neighbor. He is a believer in Computers for everything, he has camera's covering every angle of his property. And more then half of mine.

I deeply resent his intrusiveness into my property. I can't come and go in privacy. There is no privacy in my own backyard. He has at least 3 seperate monitors in his house, that I know of.
    I feel as though I am being spied upon in my own home.

I can see his cameras rotate and watch me as I go from truck to backdoor. My own Patio is under surveillance. I no longer can go from my house's backdoor to my Garage's backdoor without being spied on. He has motion sensors that trigger lights every time I open my backdoor. And the Camera's swivel to watch our every move.

So much for being free in one's own home and privacy.
    IMHO, that would be an invasion of privacy and stalking. Both can be against the law. Record what happens with his motion detector lights and cameras as you move about your property for reference as you sue him in a court of law.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for the pain and loss, of theft. The world of drugs have not helped, and is the cause of so much evil, wanting someone's else's stuff, that was worked and paid for, just to hawk for drugs. Not going to get any better, anytime soon. I cannot comment on Walks problem, as he is in Calif, and I have learned to never guess, on what is legal, and what is not, in Calif. I know they have protection laws that are things that you would never think of, in other states. Be careful, as you use a laser, or something to ruin one of their cameras, you might be facing jail time, so be careful. Just saying.

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry to hear of your losses. Unfortunately there are a lot of thieves looking for a quick profit at another's expense, usually for a drug fix. �� Like you here, I believe in being honest and our word is as good as gold in the bank. Unfortunately there are far too many scumbags that pray on the rest of us. Hopefully they are caught and you recover gour possessions.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast