Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockwell "Jawhorse" For Reloading Press

I looked at making a shooting bench off one of these. They are heavy duty devices and have more than enough weight and stability to load off of.

What I would do is mount the Press to a piece of plywood big enough for all your stuff and have a chunk of 4 x 4 bolted to the bottom to clamp in the Jaw Horse. I was going to do something similar with the Shooting Bench idea where you had a table top with a 4 x 4 bolted to the bottom to clamp in the Jaw Horse.

I have made several things like this over the years, and my first Reloading Bench was a 2' x 3' piece of plywood with a 4" wide strip screwed to the bottom held in a B&D Workmate. I still have it and could have it back up and running in an hour.

I needed a tooling plate/platform to hold in the vise on my mill to machine the dashboard for my Jeep. I got a piece of 3/4" plywood 4' long x 1' wide and bolted a nice 4 x 4 to the bottom. This unit gets clamped in the Mill Vise on the mill. I then drilled two holes for dowel pins to provide a backstop that is parallel to the X axis on the mill. It is close enough for plate work on the mill and since it is plywood you can mill into it and not hurt anything. I just used it again last week for drilling some holes in some panels I was working on for the Navy.

The same concept would work just fine being clamped in the Jaw Horse.

The reason I din't do it is because the Jaw Horse weighs about 35 lbs and was too heavy to be throwing in and out the back of my truck several times during a day of shooting. They are more than up to the task stability wise.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Missed this thread. I've got my lee SS mounted on the particle board sheet that came with it. I've had to reinforce with steel plate due to me sizing some 22tcm from .223 cut cases. Other than that, it works fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12