Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: AR .45/MP5 pistol build with sbpdw brace

AR .45/MP5 pistol build with sbpdw brace

Attachment 238869Attachment 238841
    Two weekends ago I shot a friends ar pistol in 300blkout and liked how it felt. With the brace fully extended it was very comfortable to operate. His pistol didn’t have the sb brace, his had another brand. I decided to do the same to my old ar .45/MP5 pistol build and the sb brace would look just right on my ‘mp5’. My original build had the short foam covered pistol tube but it was very uncomfortable to shoot and didn’t do much for it’s accuracy. I had basically built it as a pistol lower to mount the extra upper on until I swapped it out occasionally with the slightly longer bbl’ed upper on my sbr. Also with the mp5 sights the foam made it difficult to get your eye low enough. Well, I just put a mag of 45s through it using the highest hole on my rifle drum and had no issues seeing or hitting my 15 to 35 yd steel. I had to use a rifle drum rear sight instead of the pistol drum to get the ar to work with the mp5 front sight. The brace took no time at all to install and is built very solid. I still need to paint the sight base. I tried my Burris on it and think that I like it. The dot is slightly above the 12oclock on the front sight ring.
    Attachment 238838
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 03-29-2019 at 04:30 PM.

I’m keeping the Burris FF3 on it. Zeroed it today, was high and right, works great. The dot started blinking today so I replaced the battery, need to get a couple more. Now I need to sight in the hk sights again since I tore the rear sight down to paint it. I added a piece of black 3/4 in thick plastic material in the heart shapped space between the rubber parts of the brace to keep them stiff. With the elastic/velcro band pulled tight the rubber pieces were overlapping at the bottom.

Banner Sponsor

That looks really awesome. Did you build it from a kit or piece it together? What mags does it take?

Thx, it uses m3 greasegun mags, just a bunch of parts. The upper is a slabside dpms, lower is a CNC Enterprises dedicated greasegun lower, bbl and bcg are from Olympic Arms, the mp5 parts I found on ebay. It’s a blowback action so I used the unused gas tube hole for my charging handle and charging rod to go through. It pushes against a modified gas key and doesn’t reciprocate with the bolt. It has an 8 in bbl with an ergo grip and a Smith vortex fh. One of my better builds.

Boolit Bub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	239756

My foxtrot mike FM9 pistol with FA binary.
    It’s a hoot.
    Charges like an MP5 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk