Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Eaten anything Strange? Game or Not.

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    Actually wasnt flat yet and tasted pretty good.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    2 hours into my smoke this morning...

Soup....

One let loose...

Oh,yeah, I’ve drank mouths full of river water by accident. You wonder why it’s murky? Lol

I have ate some fresh water mussel in the past ,problem with them is it taste like pond water .Those are some good eating snappers .Been some time i had some.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I’m with ya trapper. Fresh water clams taste like the bottom of the river. The only bad part is it takes a lot longer to clean a turtle than a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I’m with ya trapper. Fresh water clams taste like the bottom of the river. The only bad part is it takes a lot longer to clean a turtle than a deer.
    You are so right about clean a turtle. But it pays off in the end . I had made a bowl out of one the shell of a turtle years ago .

7 hours later...

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 07-17-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Boolit Master
    Man, that looks GOOD!!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Yup! Bear, Alligator and sea turtle.
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    7 hours later...

That is look like some good eating there .

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I remember eating a cockroach once; not deliberately but by accident.

Back when I was in my early twenties. I couldn't afford to pay rent on anything other than a roach infested old house in the poor part of town. One would think I'd be used to it since that's generally the types of housing we lived in when I was growing up but I had no choice at the time.

It was the kind of place where you'd walk into the kitchen at night and turn on the light and it would be a free for all of Every-Roach-For-Himself scattering in every direction imaginable. If you had to go to the bathroom at night when you turned on the light you'd find roaches feasting on the residual toothpaste that was on your tooth brush if you hadn't taken steps to properly cover them after usage.

On this particular day I decided to make myself a cheese crisp sandwich so I turned on the oven, let it heat up and then I placed my bread with the cheese in the center of the oven tray. Didn't think anything more about it till after a couple of minutes when I went back and took my golden crusted cheese sandwich out of the oven. There must have been one or more roaches that had taken refuge in the outer edges of the cheese layer of my cheese sandwich to escape the heat of the oven.

Not knowing this, I let the cheese cool off a bit then I took a bite. It tasted damn good. When I went to take that second bite I noticed a small brown spot in the cheese part of my sandwich. At first I thought it was just a burn spot in the cheese but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a half of a cockroach. With that first bite I had just haplessly consumed the other half of that cockroach and possibly one or more others. After realizing what I'd just done it grossed me out to the point of what could best be described as "Projectile Vomiting."

That was over thirty years ago and to this day I don't eat cheese sandwiches or cheese crisps anymore. It's just to traumatic for me.

HollowPoint

What you wrote Hollow Point remind me of the room the navy had me live in on base about the cockroaches .When you come in the evening in the room and turn on the lights that is what they did run in what ever way they could. I did had one as a pet also. live for bout month.

...I never had chicken feet soup

Boolit Master
    I once heard a college professor state that if humanity was ever wiped out by nuclear war there would be few if any survivors. If there were any survivors it would most likely include roaches; and if any humans happened to survive, after their food stashes ran out, guess what they'd be eating???

HollowPoint

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    I once heard a college professor state that if humanity was ever wiped out by nuclear war there would be few if any survivors. If there were any survivors it would most likely include roaches; and if any humans happened to survive, after their food stashes ran out, guess what they'd be eating???

HollowPoint
    I was told that also years ago and also would be eating rats too.

Think of what it stepping in...I didn’t make this. Found the pic elsewhere.

Boolit Grand Master

What is strange...everything from snake to alligator to possum stew. Coyote tastes like what comes from the posterior of a cow though with a tangy overlay of smokey wet dog in a hot car. I did draw the line at skunk though.

Cockroach remedy: Use boric acid powder sprinkled along as you would blackpowder under a door or anywhere there is moisture (as under a sink leak.) The roaches walk in the powder then try to get it off with their mouth parts, and it kills them. A trade name "Roach Proof" is only Boric Acid . We used this for decades at the NM Boys Ranch. By the way as to proper spelling and such their --there--loose --- lose. One of them is "Rio Grande River", which is in reality saying "River Grande River" or in English it is Grand River.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    What is strange...everything from snake to alligator to possum stew. Coyote tastes like what comes from the posterior of a cow though with a tangy overlay of smokey wet dog in a hot car. I did draw the line at skunk though.
    That kind of brings up another item I had eaten on rare occasions when I was growing up. Cow-Tongue. I think my mom bought it cause it was cheap and it was all we could afford. I didn't mind it at first but I started working on a small ranch when I was in the sixth grade and not long after that I began to loose count of all the times I witnessed the cattle on that ranch reach all the way back with their tongues and lick their own anus.

I lost my taste for Cow-Tongue after that. Besides, I was never really comfortable tasting food that tastes you back.

HollowPoint

Hollow Point this "tasting food that tastes you back." reminds me of the guy in the cafe asking the waitress what she recommended and she said the corned beef cow tongue was really good..... The guy answered with "Don't even want anything that comes out of something's mouth, just give me two eggs... over easy.

Boolit Master
    I love beef tongue! Same with chicken foot soup, just normal eats when I was growing up. Never thought it to be strange food, oh well. Guess you guys don’t eat chittlins or tripe?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast