Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: New to me 94 Big Bore 375

Boolit Buddy

New to me 94 Big Bore 375

Went to town for chicken feed and top soil. Stopped at LGS and this followed me home. Only flaw is year on one side of stock and initials on the other. Scratched in with ball point pen I think.
    SN: BB094XXX Anyone know when it was made? I was also told the 375 could fire 38-55. True?

Attachment 238664

Attachment 238663

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master
    Oh man I been lusting after a 375 , good find

Oof that's a beautiful, rich blue. I don't have an answer to your question, but congratulations.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

The 38/55 case is longer than 375win. Some chambers will allow it. Since 38/55 is lower pressure the Win BB will handle it easily if your chamber is long enough. I traded my levers for #3 Rugers 375win to shoot pointed bullets that are to long for lever action. I had reason because 375w is on the legal deer list in Ohio.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    According to Buffalo Bore, .38-55 is perfectly safe in .375 as long as the round will chamber. They also state that their .38-55 loads produce similar velocity with lower pressure than .375 factory ammo.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Starline has .375 Win. brass and I would get some while it’s around. I bought a NIB top eject Win. BB . I use 38-55 load data with .375 Winchester and Jamison brass and cast bullets. I am going backwards with mine and getting ready to shoot B/P from it. They are a thumper for sure when loaded to designed performance. It’s the 38-55 I don’t have.

Boolit Master
    I use Starline 38-55 brass in my top eject BB94, by preference. My chamber is 2.10 deep , same as 2 other top eject BB94s I have measured. If you intend to chase top end 375Win velocity and pressure then get the 375 brass. If, like myself, you want a +p capable 38-55 for cast bullets then the longer brass fits the chamber better. I don’t know if the brass is the same strength, so play it safe. These are sweet rifles, mine likes the Lee bullet on 10gr of 20-28 powder, makes it into a great big 22! Load it with mid range rifle powder and hunt bears, lovely rifle.

On date of birth, 1978 intro to 1983 angle eject started, suspect your gun is late in the run, post 1982. I remember the intro well, but could be mistaken on the transition to AE, they didn’t interest me like the original!
    Last edited by rking22; 03-26-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

You really need to send that bb to me as you don't want to get infected with an underrated caliber firearm. Winchester made two mistakes with the bb firearms, first was putting them on a 20 inch barrel second was the price of the ammo. Give that caliber a 26 inch octagon barrel and you have a totally different rifle. Seriously all the gun rags got in wrong on all 3 of the bb rifles. The .375 winchester may not shoot pointed bullets but a 300 grain flat nosed bullet will ruin your day if you are on the receiving end. The max size bullet you can use that I know of is 350 grain lead flat nosed bullet again not something you want to be on the receiving end of.
    Have fun with your new rifle and enjoy it as some of said the early ones seem to have 38-55 length bores and the later ones sometimes with handle the shorter 38-55 case. You do realize that the 38-55 has two case lengths right? One is 2.08 and the other is 2.125 or something along those lines.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    yup, awesome gun. shame these are in demand for collecters.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Nice rifles I prefer Marlins version better.

Great caliber!! RE7 powder is all you need!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Very nice you may very well be able to sweet most of that out as i would think a ball point pin would push down more than cut wood out.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m probably going to try steaming it up then light sanding. I am concerned about making it worse. The rest of the gun is immaculate. Ordered brass and dies. Today I’ll go thru my molds to see if my 378’s are suitable.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Buddy
    Leverlust! I've always wanted a .375 BB since a buddy of mine bought one. Nice rifle.