RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melting range scrap

Piece of lead on bottom to make a pool when it melts. Pot filled to the top, lid on. For WW's that will drop down as they melt I overfill the pot so when I see the lid drop to the pot I go add more WW's to the top. There is still a layer of not melted WW's on the top of the melt so my new weights don't go into the melt but have a chance to heat and dry.

Doing that adding as the pot melts I can fill a dutch oven. Don't know if it is faster or slower than all at once. Do know the thin slab of lead from last melt in the bottom of the pot speeds things up. Once it melts it transfers heat to the WW's on the bottom much better. I would say pot lid drops for the first time at least 15 minutes sooner with that lead on the bottom.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Bub
    I've used a Dutch oven ,adding DRY as it melts and removing dross each time. about 1/2 coffee can at a time added to pot. covered with a lid. seems to work ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12