Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, Cheap Unique

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynails View Post
    What did you say was the address of the gun store that had the Unique powder? Too bad I'm in PA.
    ???? Do they have an online site with the same price ????
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

I'm not sure. It is Simmons Sporting Goods in Bessemer, Alabama. The component manager is Jeff.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Unless it was sitting next to a deal on primers I needed more... I would most certainly use the 1 pound bottle that was recently emptied as the perfect reason to buy a 4# jug. To paraphrase the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers; powder will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no powder. When the next panic, shortage or price hike comes along that Unique or any versatile powder offers a very good potential for trade if you have no desire to use it personally.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Bub
    Got to agree with those above.
    I don't use Unique but I would have about 4 years ago when I was unable to find anything.
    I am thinking we are just around the corner from another fear situation.
    Things are getting too cushy.
    .22's less than $20/500 at Walmart.

22's are always a good investment. I learned 3 things from when the last left wing nut jobs had control-primers, primers, primers.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Local Gun Show last weekend - Unique $14.00 a pound - I bought 4. The Dealer is at all the local Gun Shows and they normally has reasonable prices on Powder. Another Gun Show this weekend. If they have any of the $14.00 a pound Unique left - I will probably buy another 4 pounds - that would work out to $112.00 for an 8 pound jug.
    Big Bore = 45+

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Local Gun Show last weekend - Unique $14.00 a pound - I bought 4. The Dealer is at all the local Gun Shows and they normally has reasonable prices on Powder. Another Gun Show this weekend. If they have any of the $14.00 a pound Unique left - I will probably buy another 4 pounds - that would work out to $112.00 for an 8 pound jug.
    Dang sarge, that's 25 yr old prices. You got to jump on that if you load it very much!

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Dang sarge, that's 25 yr old prices. You got to jump on that if you load it very much!
    I already have 8 or 9 pounds on the shelf! But I do use a lot of it for 9MM, 38 spl, and 45ACP. Also use it for most of my 45 Colt and some mid range 44 mag.
    Big Bore = 45+

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    I already have 8 or 9 pounds on the shelf! But I do use a lot of it for 9MM, 38 spl, and 45ACP. Also use it for most of my 45 Colt and some mid range 44 mag.
    Just 8-9# ? I'm down to the last 10# of mine Dad had 12 more . I shot it in everything except non-toxic shot shells from 380 to 45-70 and 222 to 264 WM , 12-16-20 ga.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Man
    I had the same dilemma the other day too. I ran across 8lbs of H110 for $112. I really didn't need it but it followed me home anyway. I just refuse to let a good deal on powders or primers pass me by. I refuse to be caught up in the politically motivated drought that will come again sooner or later. I survived the last drought without a problem because I stocked up before there was an issue.

Boolit Bub
    Went to a gun show last month and it was 15.00 a pound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see prices coming down. Good times can’t last forever, stock up!
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    Powder! Like any component or ammo!
    Only 2 kinds = 1. enough and 2. NOT ENOUGH!
    Anytime you get close to status #2 things are about to go bad, very bad!
    Last edited by 10 ga; 04-10-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Safety 1st, then accuracy.
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Was at tulsa show a couple of weeks back and nothing near that. Lowest was 19 a pound......buy it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've got 8# of Unique (2-4# cans) of it, but If I found RL22, RL19 or RL7 or 2400.
    Then again when I found IMR-3031 for $11/Lb I bought enough that I was in doubt
    of having enough money to buy enough gas to get home!

Boolit Master
    I understand the different points of view.Like many of us herei stock up on things.Powder was one of the fist things i socked up on.The point was to have a life time suplie of everything reloading.My thinking is to try and have it all by the time trumps first term is over.I to would have passed on the powder.Primers would be another story I still have a few to buy to be up where think i should be.

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I know it was a steal, but I have a LOT of powder now and my powder closet runneth over. The Obama years broke me from being primer/powder challenged!
    Man has enough of something in his inventory it just makes sense to put his money into what he doesn't have. When I didn't have Unique I bought it when it became available, now I have it, and Titegroup, and Red Dot, and 2400, and H110 and.... so for powder it can be more of replace what you use..... I think I almost sort of agree with leaving it behind.... in favor of some gas checks, brass, or wads and hulls. Now if someone walked away from primers on sale that would be a whole different sit-u-ation. Too crazy for words that would be.

Of course one could fall back on the wisdom of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. To paraphrase. Components will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no components. And it doesn't spoil. People will trade for stuff they won't sell during times of shortage too. Hmm $17 a pound and walked away? What can you do to follow that? Give up narcotics and smoking on the same day?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12