Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Lube . get it unsticky ? How ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    You are probably using too much if it is getting everywhere. Use just enough to barely wet the boolits. You should hardly be able to see it once the lube dries. Or try powder coating. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, you'll find it much cleaner.
    I went to powdercoating and never looked back. I must have a gallon of alox/xlox and 40 lube sticks I made gathering dust.

I love the clean look of PC, the girls like the pretty colors, I like being able to differentiate different loads by using different colored boolits, it doesn't get your dies sticky and your'e not handleing lead after the PC process because its completel encapsulated.

Boolit Master
    Or you can take the lightly TL boolits and let them dry for a day or so and using a different container you can take said boolits and cover the Lee stuff with JPW. Works like a dream.
    I've also used some ancient RCBS lube that I found,finger lubed and sized the boolits through a Lee sizer, then TL them in JPW and let them dry.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    Watching this tread intently as I am going down the rabbit warren of tumble lubing myself, did some google research and have ordered the LLA the Lundmark Paste Wax, the SC Johnson's paste wax and already have mineral spirits so I can search for the answer of how to make non sticky question.
    Thanks for all the info. I do have a lot of motor mica (neck lube) and corn starch on hand as well

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by diddlyv View Post
    Watching this tread intently as I am going down the rabbit warren of tumble lubing myself, did some google research and have ordered the LLA the Lundmark Paste Wax, the SC Johnson's paste wax and already have mineral spirits so I can search for the answer of how to make non sticky question.
    Thanks for all the info. I do have a lot of motor mica (neck lube) and corn starch on hand as well
    Maybe mineral spirits will help flow some, but I never needed it. I put a dab of straight LLA into a bag with some bullets, and knead until evenly coated. As I said, if they look brown, you used too much. Two thin coats leaves them lightly golden colored, and I set them out to dry. After a day or so, they are dry, no stickiness at all. Maybe some mica if you still don't like it. I've found tumble lubing to be about the most pain free and effective method of lubing there is. My guess is there is a limit vs wax lube, but basic 45 acp, 9mm, 38 special, etc. it works very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12