RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ? scam

Debit cards are like cash, direct link to your account. Credit cards go through a processing center and are NOT linked to checking. Never link a checking and savings account (overdraft protection). I was working on a project with RIT when they developed the new bills. The metallic strip is for validation and detection (for travel limit). Cannot really 'read' the amount of money in the wallet. Did some work years ago with REI on bill counter/verifiers that were optical - fast and accurate. Actually, most counterfeit US$ is outside the US where it doesn't get verified. Our bills get recycled rapidly so they go through the Fed process.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    One of the things no one has mentioned is the fake ATM front that will capture the card number and PIN when put in, I always look at the ATM for anything that looks added on or out of place, not solidly built in, it's another way for the thieves to access your savings/bank account, YouTube has a lot of videos on what to look for.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    To the OP, your card information was likely in the process of being sold. Someone wanted to validate it and screwed up. If they’d have use the right bank there would have been no charge. You can feel good that someone probably bought your card and pin and then lost money on the deal.

If you use the same pin for anything else, change it.
    This

I was a Detective for years in a large TX city.
    I would bet cash your card was scanned, restaurants are BAD about this. But even gas pumps have been rigged with devices that scan and record.

Usually, the info is sold and some *** sits in his living room making cards for such info.
    But the smart ones then sell those cards. But they gotta work and I bet most people wouldn’t notice that fee. Matter of fact. They don’t. I’ve gotten bank statements and found monthly charges for stuff they didn’t have.

I won’t start on ssn scams.

Best of luck, good job catching it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123