RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Butterfingers bars

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

The new Butterfingers bars

I just had a new and improved Butterfinger

Quite frankly I give it a D and it sucks.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

You're too nice... D-
    It sucks rocks

They rate right up there with New Coke !

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I tried one and was sorely disappointed.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Why companies keep trying to pass of something , NEW & IMPROVED" when the classic old one was just fine & the N&I one is garbage, escapes me.

Coca Cola did that long ago with the NEW Coke & it was the most garbage swill I ever tasted. Not even near the taste of classic COKE & certainly not an improvement.

I have not yet tried the "New & Imp." Butterfinger candy bar, but I will not waste my time now, as I reckon you folks know what the old ones taste like & so do I, as it is one of my favorites, & your opinions would likely match mine were I to try the N&I one. NO need to waste the time or $$.

Thanks for the "heads up" on it.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Be aware of the different Reese's Cups...... I accidentally bought one with the white chocolate. I ate it, but am a bit more careful now....

AS Coke and RC Cola were first made about a mile or two from where I currently live, just across the river in Columbus, Ga. not Atlanta as people have been brought up to believe, one would think that I should like them. I much prefer Pepsi. I remember the clear Pepsi. It didn't stay around long, either.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I remember the clear Pepsi. It didn't stay around long, either.
    They actually brought that one back too. I saw one just the other day.
    I tried one for old time's sake. It was mehh. I won't buy another.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    I just had a new and improved Butterfinger

Quite frankly I give it a D and it sucks.
    F all the way!! On the other hand my wife likes them. No accounting for taste.

Boolit Master

https://www.today.com/food/why-butte...ferent-t145540

Someone laid a finger on Butterfinger — the recipe, that is.

That's right, the Butterfinger candy brand — which had been owned by Nestle since 1990 — was bought by Ferrero (the company behind Nutella) in January. The new parent company is making some big changes to the iconic bar and claims that the new formulation will include "higher quality ingredients."

They also make Baby Ruth bars hope they dont change those
    Last edited by DCP; 03-25-2019 at 04:49 PM.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

My wife got one as a freebie at the grocery store last week and we split it. Quite frankly I was NOT impressed so I sent an email off to the company and got a nice 'form' reply from Katie D. Part of it was 'The new recipe is designed to elevate the flavor and consistency of the candy bar and is one we’re proud of. We understand this may not be a change embraced by everyone, and your feedback is important to us as we continually evaluate our products in response to our consumer’s needs.' I replied and ask if it was a replacement or if I would still be able to purchase the ones I liked and got no reply. Over the weekend we checked Sam's Club, Walmart, Kroger, and a couple of other grocery stores and the only thing we could find were the new ones. Maybe if they don't sell any they will rethink it, but I doubt it.

Boolit Grand Master

The new coke was Diet Coke with the regular sweetener added in. In the blind taste tests it scored higher in taste. It failed miserably however. Clear Pepsi is same just sans coloring. I wonder what the original, original coke tasted like.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    The new coke was Diet Coke with the regular sweetener added in. In the blind taste tests it scored higher in taste. It failed miserably however. Clear Pepsi is same just sans coloring. I wonder what the original, original coke tasted like.
    Its my understanding that it was made with cocaine for medicine. Coca-Cola,

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Dr. Pemberton got a leg injury in the last battle of the Civil War. The old cannon emplacements are about 1/2 mile south of me and almost on top of a hill, still visible to any that care to see. He did indeed incorporate cocaine into the mixture as a way to alleviate his pain. The stuff was fed to anyone who wanted it, as cocaine was not illegal back then. It was given to babies to ease stomach aches, and others for aches and pains.
    It was originally a green substance, somewhat in color like the older 6.5 ounce bottles were. I have to guess that it was ( and still is ) an acquired taste.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I actually prefer RC cola, but it is not that often I see it. It would still be a "coke" or a "soda pop" to me no matter the brand, but a "Pepsi" cola is a "Pepsi" & not a 'coke" to me, & BTW, I have not drank one single Pepsi since MJ danced his idiotic dance steps & made little girly squeaks pushing it...

As far as the Butterfinger changing hands & their also changing the recipe.... Talk about messing up a good thing, IMO..

BTW, a side note... My oldest son & DIL just bought a candy store in a mall in a town near them. I have not been there to see it yet, but I am going to in the future & I will look to see if they carry such candy like Butterfinger in that store. I will also ask them if they are going to change much in the business now that they are the ones running it. Seems to me that they are smart enough not to make changes until they see the potential for the changes & whether it would be a good idea or not, since the former owner(<owns a half dozen stores like it) was making a good sum running it & if they can't improve sales, then no reason to change.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Grand Master

Two course dinner..... RC Cola and a Moon Pie
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    That was our evening treat when we where chopping cotton and putting up hay in the summer. An ice cold RC Cola and a Moon Pie around 4 PM in the field in June and July was surely a taste of heaven!

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm so far out of the loop. I didn't know Butterfinger had changed. (Not that I need to buy more candy. )

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Can't eat any of it. Guess i am better off.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it!
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Ok, ya'll have talked it down so much I had to go try one, not 15 mins ago. My take. It's not as peanutty as before, and the chocolate isn't as rich. To me it's a watered down Butter Finger. They where never one of my favorites, and certainly less so now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    That was our evening treat when we where chopping cotton and putting up hay in the summer. An ice cold RC Cola and a Moon Pie around 4 PM in the field in June and July was surely a taste of heaven!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast