WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Expansion Industries ....ETR7

Boolit Buddy

Expansion Industries ....ETR7

Got an email yesterday from Expansion Industries, now Named Expansion Ammunition. Anybody else that has dealt with them under the old name get an email?
    The ETR7 I bought in the past is great powder, just kinda feeling out if this might be a scam , or some kinda hoax. The price for 4lbs is $65 + hazmat, and shipping. When I bought my 8 pounds a few years ago I paid $125 to my door. Any replies are welcome. Thanks - Caster
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master

there is already 2 threads about them. buyer beware.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    there is already 2 threads about them. buyer beware.
    Wasn't aware of the other threads. I know they disappeared some time ago and heard rumor that they had screwed some people over or something along those lines. Now all of the sudden I get an email. Was just being wary of it, and thought I would ask. Don't plan on being on the list of people that have had problems with them. However I do like their pistol powder. I am sitting on 7.5 lbs. Guess I will continue to sit and see how things shake out. Thanks for the reply.- Caster
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Hi-Tech has 5 pound jugs of CSB-1M (supposed to be same powder for the same price (also plus ship/hazmat) if you need more powder.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by chumly2071 View Post
    Hi-Tech has 5 pound jugs of CSB-1M (supposed to be same powder for the same price (also plus ship/hazmat) if you need more powder.
    Don't really "need" more at this point ,but thanks for the heads up. Always nice to know it's available elsewhere. - Caster

Banned

I had a business account with them when they were in VA. Slow to deliver product. Ammo was good I sold.quit a bit of it.

I have a bunch of ETR 7 left from my initial purchase.

Haven't delt with them since they moved.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Powder Bill View Post
    I had a business account with them when they were in VA. Slow to deliver product. Ammo was good I sold.quit a bit of it.

I have a bunch of ETR 7 left from my initial purchase.

Haven't delt with them since they moved.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    I am skeptical of any further business with them ,until I start hearing that things are okay. When I bought my 8 lbs. It was an all new powder for me . Figured if it wasn't my cup of tea I would trade it with one of my reloading friends. Turns out it can be my go to for a lot of my weapons. Thanks for the reply. - Caster

I got the same Email. I don't use much ETR-7, worried that the flakes are too large and might hang up in the powder dispenser. My #8 jug will last awhile.
    A deplorable that votes!

Sent a request in after I got the email, and for anyone having some stock, or looking to buy, here is the data they have as of 3/2019.EXP-BALLISTICS_ETR7_Load Data_Web.pdf

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    https://expansion-ammunition.com/
    https://expansion-ammunition.com/powder.html ... pop up, Leave a message ... No online order link
    Component Fund - Limited Partnership
    The purpose of our Component Fund is to have a consistent source of goods which allows Expansion Ammunition to load at consistent, high capacities. Your investment makes bulk cost of goods purchases possible. We receive a discount when we purchase components in bulk. The combination of bulk savings and efficient manufacturing and distribution, allow us to pay our investors an annual return of 15.125% APR. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
    If you buy for $10,000 that's $1525 interest per annul

Their slize buckets from the word go: I drove to VA way back when to buy ETR7 & Primers. Their business was a store front When I got their, asked to use the bathroom... "no, that's for employees only" YA sure, I would have bet a gold coin that's where they were scooping the bulk powder out into 1 & 4# jugs
    But I have to say CSB1 is good powder for many centerfires and shot shells
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Not much to that data. Min and Max but no velocities. Might be okay if you just want to get a bullet out the barrel but would hate to buy a pound and then find out that a max load might be somthing that won't meet your desires. Also, knowing what velocity you should see from a max load can give a clue as to whether your gun performs similary to the one they tested with. IOW, if their max load gave 1000fps and in your gun it gives 1500fps, you would know you should back off but since they don't give velocities you would not know that.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.