Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't use hard cast

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by doncrs65 View Post
    The only factory loads with cast bullets are the double tap,all I want is a good brush busting boolits and the only round nose a available are the double tap 310 gr Woodliegh at 69.00 a box.
    Woodleigh Weldcore is NOT a cast bullet it is a jacketed softpoint, which meets the requirements for an expanding bullet.
    Doubletap ammo does not sell a cast boolit load for the .35 Whelen.

Quote Originally Posted by doncrs65 View Post
    The double tap boolits have a hardness of 22.
    To my knowledge, Doubletap doesn't sell boolits and doesn't load .35 Whelen with cast boolits. I could not Google any .35 Whelen ammo with cast. Where you getting your information? Links would be really helpful.

However. If you can find someone to load some ammo for you with cast bullets. Any cast boolit with a LFN or WFN profile, regardless of hardness, out of a .35 Whelen, will kill a whitetail deer. If you put it in the vitals. Except maybe some cat sneeze plinkers using light .38 spl bullets. Any game warden. Anywhere. Seeing a non-jacketed bullet in a .35 Whelen will not question you.

Boolit Master
    Where in Alabama are you?
    I've been an Alabama hunters safety and firearms instructor for probably 25 years, until I had the cancer to deal with.
    Just get the Lee 200 gr. Mold and some non zinc wheelweights and have a ball.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the “hand press”, because as I traveled for work I lived in hotels. It worked, but once I was home I bought a used Lee Classic single stage from a pawn shop $30. It does all I need it to do.
    Luvtn

Boolit Master

Double tap DID sell projectiles. I have t bought any in a year or so. But I used to buy 200g WFN GC 10mm bullets from them.

No knoledge on 35 Whelen ammo from them.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Don't mean to sound rude, but I think I would just stay home that season if I were you.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    The 35 Whelen is quite a thumper, especially with a cast boolit like the old Lyman 3589 when cast with 50/50 + 1% tin (clip-on wheel weights/pure lead). I have used this combination to successfully take whitetail deer here and black bear in northeastern Canada (New Brunswick). You won't be disappointed. My load information from the mentioned hunts is Boolit weight ended up at 295 grains fully dressed and ready to go, 45 gr H4350EXT, Remington 9 1/2 primer, velocity by chrono 1736'/s. Your results may vary. Approach this load information carefully as it may not prove satisfactory for you. It sure works for me.
    Iam not really interested in casting boolits, I would rather just buy them, Hunter supply has a 300 gr gas checked would that work with your data?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123