Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so thankful.......

Boolit Buddy

I am so thankful.......

For the great big and awesome God I serve.
    At age 52 apparently my body decided that 2019 was going to be the hardest year of my life. I have never had a serious illness nor broken any major bones.
    With my dirt bike riding and car racing I’m still not sure how I pulled that off.
    Early Jan I started having what I thought was heart burn. After a stress test, it turns out I have a partially blocked artery on the right side of my heart.
    To top it off, I had a blood test and my PSA came back at 70.1!!
    A prostate biopsy later, cancer.
    I go in for an angiogram next Monday then a cat scan and bone scan to see if the cancer is out of the prostate. Praying it is not.
    The thing that breaks my heart is watching my kids deal with it. They are 12, 8, and 4.
    The littles are sad but don’t really get it. The oldest does. He is watching one of his friends Mom dying of breast cancer at 42. Super sweet God fearing woman.
    I know that no matter what, God is in charge of this deal and will take care of me and my family. All I ask for is prayers for healing. I really want to walk my 4 y.o. Princess down the isle Lord willing.

Prayers for you.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    modified5 you and your family will be in my prayers . I understand your concern for those you love . I was in your situation at one time . We believe in a merciful GOD .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Modified its in the Lords Hands.

Sounds like you had a long good run up to here.
    Prostate tends to be slow, so I think you have a chance.

A Laughter is the best medicine.
    B Cut out all stress. Period.
    C There is a mushroom which grows on Birch Tree's that is anti cancer, and an immune system booster. Available as a supplement. Called Chaga. I would suggest you take one every day for 6 months. The Finn's and peoples of Sibera have known about it for a long time. Do a little research.

As to your kids, tell em like it is. Probably not going to die tomorrow, but still scary.
    Tell them your hopes and fears.

What they don't deal well with is uncertainty. As long as they are certain sure you love them, and that you are going to fight all the way. They'll deal, and help.

At this point a lot of your game is going to be mental. Getting you into the right mental place to fight this battle and win. You can't do it alone. Best of luck to you! Praying for you.

Boolit Grand Master

Read the above post over and over. Ghost is right - it is the mental that will kill you or keep you going.

Add to what he said a complete surrender to God, not just consciously but ask God to show you all the areas of your life you haven't surrendered. You may be surprised. These are what drive anxiety and insecurity.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

We are adding you all to our prayer list, Hang in there and know God is greater than all these things.

Moderator Emeritus

YOU, and your family, are surely in our prayers! BEST!!!
    geo

Been in your boat brother. Ghost gives good advice. I might add, look for the blessings and opportunity that only God provides and you'll do fine.
    Prayers of Grace, peace, and healing. In Jesus name. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Praying for you brother.
    Don Verna

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Will pray for you and yours.

Boolit Master

Praying for you man, in God's hands as He is in control. Regardless of how we perceive things, something good always comes from these experiences in God's children!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Moderator Emeritus

modified5 I love your positive attitude toward our God and your approach to loving Him and getting well!

Father, I come to You to ask that Your Servant is in need of the help that only You can provide. Through Your compassion I am praying that You allow the medical team to heal modified5 so that he can be with his family and to serve You more. Please guide the team that will treat him and take any fears away. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    You and your family will certainly be added to my prayer list. My you and your family find the strength, courage and peace to confront the problems you face.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

I know what you are going through with the heart thing. I also thought I had bad heartburn. I kept antacids in my toolbox and office at work. Seams like I was taking them everyday. On my birthday I had it so bad that I could not even hold a glass to drink the Alka Sizzler to get rid of the heart burn. My wife called the ambulance and They put a stent in that night. 75% blockage. I tell everyone that will listen, If you have what feels like heartburn a lot. Go see your doctor. It may be heart related. I wish you well.

Father God, I lift up modified5 to you. Be with the doctors and give them wisdom and knowledge while dealing with this. Be with modified5 and his family and give them peace and strength. Lay you loving arms around him and give him the healing that his body needs.I ask this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Praying for a complete recovery for you, brother.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you all. I truly believe that the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man accomplished much. I have seen it time and again in my life. I know that if I don’t survive this that I will be with my Father and He will take care of my family. It just pains me to think about what my wife and children will go through with me being gone.
    I will for sure continue to pray, look to God and fight this evil disease tooth and nail.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, update time. Yesterday I went in and had my angiogram. They were unable to install a stent. They found that two of my arteries are plugged 100% and one is at 95. Now I am waiting for a call from the heart surgeons office to schedule a triple bypass. Getting old certainly isn’t for sissies!

Father God. I lift up modified5 to you again today. Give him strength and comfort during this time. Be with the doctors as they preform this bypass surgery. Guide their hands and give them wisdom. We know that this is in your hands. You can do all things and in all things we give you the Praise. Give peace to his family.
    I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Still praying for you and your family .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast