RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Auto Disk Riser raises

Boolit Master

Auto Disk Riser raises

Hello all,
    I could use a little help. I went to reload some rounds for my Makarov and when I went to set up my Lee auto disk powder measure my Auto Disk Riser is Gone! I believe it was left out and disposed of by a certain party. As I have been married for 35+ years I learned a long time ago it is better to just bite my tongue. Anyway it’s GONE . So I am hoping that someone has one that they don’t need and wouldn’t mind parting with it. If not thanks anyway.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Buddy
    Did you happen to look the last powder through die you used to see if it is still attached or in the box with that die set? Not sure how you store your stuff.

Boolit Master
    Yes it’s gone I know exactly what happened. But thanks for the suggestion

I use an auto disc and an auto drum. I havent needed a riser for any of my dies. What brand dies are you using?

I use the auto disc with Lee 9, 45, and 380 dies. I use the auto drum with Lee and RCBS dies. All on pro1000 presses

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My wife has her lady cave (crafts room) i stay out. I have my man cave. Gun and loading room. She stays out we avoid these confusions. But yeah i feel feel for you hope you find a new one soon.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Wanted to add, what press are you using?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I use a Lee Turret the riser is not necessary if you don’t use the primer system it does interfere with the dies and you must remove the dies to use the auto desk without the riser which kind of defeats the idea of using a Turret press for multiple calinerd. Let me see if I can make a little clearer. If you don’t have the riser in order to install the Autodesk and screw it into the powder through expanding die you must remove one of the dies in order to screw it in. Which kind of defeats the idea of using a turret press with multiple calipers. if you have the riser you simply screw in the riser on multiple die sets without removing any dies . Hopefully that makes sense . Thanks for the post

Boolit Master
    After reading some of the posts, it seems that a little more info on how this happened. The short version is. I changed out a faucet and left the old parts on the counter and went on to another honey do. As I was finishing project number 2, the boss went into manic cleaning mode. She yells “are you done with this old faucet”. I answered yes. After I finished project number 2. I go back to getting ready to reloading and find out the riser is missing. I ask “ honey did you see my riser” ( I left it no wares near the faucet but still on the counter) she answers no just the old plumbing parts”. I knew exactly what happened so I check the garbage had been taken out to the curb. To late all ready pick up. Now you know the story. And if any is curious, No I DID Not NOT SAY ANYTHING! I’ve been married 35+ years. I know better. It would not be so bad, but I had just bought this a couple months ago. I could write a book on the things that have been cleaned to a safe place, only to be found months later, or never seen again. Oh well If no one has one that they don’t need I guess I’ll get another when I have the spare cash. I figured it was worth a shot
    Thanks for all the interest I appreciate it.

Boolit Buddy
    I'll send you one. PM me your mailing address.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper64 View Post
    I'll send you one. PM me your mailing address.
    Thank you camper64 I greatly appreciate it! pm on the way.

Here is a design for a 3D printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2968736

If you (or anybody else) needs them and don't have access to a 3D printer, shoot me a pm with your address and I'll get a few sent over...

CORRECTION: This part is not the auto disk riser poppy42 was talking about - this part is for raising the powder container on the auto-disk powder measure....
    Last edited by Big Tom; 04-05-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com