Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionPBcastcoWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough week...

Boolit Master

Rough week...

Hi...
    It's been a bit of a rough week for me so far.
    Sunday evening I tripped over my black Lab and fell pretty hard. Took about a day and a half to start to feel better.
    Then last night I tripped over my yellow Lab.
    Not good! Stiff and sore everywhere... about the only thing that doesn't hurt is my feet and hands.
    My shoulders took the brunt of both falls but I have some pretty bad pain in my hips and back.
    Some of the issues are from the after effects of my surgeries, radiation and chemo treatments.
    At age 64, I really don't bounce back as quickly as I used to.
    Just a pretty miserable week so far.

Boolit Master

sounds like you need some curb feelers.

Boolit Master

We all have them weeks/days. It's not fun for sure. Keep your head held up high and forge on ward. Things will improve.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    Ha! I bet a millennial wouldn’t even have a clue what a curb feeler is. Or the switch on the left floor board you tap with your foot!

Sorry you’re having a rough week. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Falls like that will pain a while.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    Probably a good idea...

Boolit Master
    Hi OsteoDoc08.If ya REALLY want to have some fun.Put a millennial in a 53 Studebaker with 3 on the tree,and tell them to start it and drive it around the block. .
    Good luck.Have fun.Be saafe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi OsteoDoc08.If ya REALLY want to have some fun.Put a millennial in a 53 Studebaker with 3 on the tree,and tell them to start it and drive it around the block. .
    Good luck.Have fun.Be saafe.
    Leo
    My first and only 3 on the tree was an old farm/work truck I used for maintence on a grass strip air field in Plains, GA while attending college. Peterson Field and owned by Tom Peterson. A very matter of fact business guy and talented pilot. I almost had my 40 hours flight time while working there and should have finished and got my pilots license. Very much enjoyed that job while I was there.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Sorry to hear bout your troubles. Hope things turn around quick.

Boolit Master
    Just need to quit walking around in S dark house with sleeping Labrador Retrievers scattered about here and there.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Ha! I bet a millennial wouldn’t even have a clue what a curb feeler is. Or the switch on the left floor board you tap with your foot!

Sorry you’re having a rough week. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Falls like that will pain a while.
    Millennial reporting in, I had to look up what a curb feeler is but I do drive a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    I'd manage but i'm in the minority, admittedly.

Boolit Master
    It's been one of those weeks for us, too.
    About six months ago, we lost one of our chihuahuas. She got an infection that is common to females that have never had pups or have not been spayed.
    We got another pup that was born within a day or two of the other one dying. We wanted a companion for our older male who was thirteen. When she was 9 or 10 weeks old, we took her in for her vaccinations. When we took her in, our older male was due for his, so we took him in, too. Since then, he has been deteriorating. He has lost most of his vision, lethargic, wouldn't eat. sores in his ears. My wife has been feeding him with an eye dropper and giving him water the same way. A few days ago, he got to where he couldn't keep anything down. Day before yesterday, he got up about 1 or 2 in the morning and wanted held. I had been up because I couldn't sleep, knowing I was going to have him put down in the morning. I held him until about 7 in the morning. My wife got up and held him for a little while and gave him something for pain. I was going to call the vet at 8 am. Within a few minutes of her holding him, he was gone. Two dogs in six months of each other. Now, the six month old female we got to keep him company is alone. She sat beside his body on the couch while we dug a hole and made a box to bury him. He was only 13 years old, while most of the dogs we've had lived to be 18 or 19.
    Besides all the rest of what has been happening, this has been really hard on both my wife and I.

Boolit Master

Might as well chime in too. I have been getting gel shots in my knees as the inside half of the knee bones are rubbing together. So yesterday the wife and I went to the Saint Louis V. A. for the 3 month shots. The person that gave the shots was a little in a hurry to get them done and I noticed while walking out to the parking lot that there was a lot of pain. When we got to the valet parking and turned in our ticket the valet person said that they had locked the car and then lost the key fob and the ticket attached. So now the car is sitting in the lot locked up and we have no way to get home. We told the valet manager that it was up to get our car towed to the dealer and get a new fob and key. They said we will pay for the new key and fob($400) but not the tow to the dealer. OK we will hash that out and we will call the tow truck the dealer uses and we rode the truck to the dealer and got a loaner and the dealer is working on getting the doors unlocked and a new fob and key made. By the time we got headed home my knees are on fire. Yesterday I got up and started painting the master bedroom. About 3 hours of working this job, my knees just felt like they were on fire. I quit for the day and today the car people called and said I could pick the car up tomorrow. In the mean time my wife said NO painting Period!!!!. Tomorrow there may be another episode so stay tuned!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Might as well chime in too. I have been getting gel shots in my knees as the inside half of the knee bones are rubbing together. So yesterday the wife and I went to the Saint Louis V. A. for the 3 month shots. The person that gave the shots was a little in a hurry to get them done and I noticed while walking out to the parking lot that there was a lot of pain. When we got to the valet parking and turned in our ticket the valet person said that they had locked the car and then lost the key fob and the ticket attached. So now the car is sitting in the lot locked up and we have no way to get home. We told the valet manager that it was up to get our car towed to the dealer and get a new fob and key. They said they will pay for the new key and fob($400) but not the tow to the dealer. OK we will hash that out and we will call the tow truck the dealer uses and we rode the truck to the dealer and got a loaner and the dealer is working on getting the doors unlocked and a new fob and key made. By the time we got headed home my knees are on fire. Yesterday I got up and started painting the master bedroom. About 3 hours of working this job, my knees just felt like they were on fire. I quit for the day and today the car people called and said I could pick the car up tomorrow. In the mean time my wife said NO painting Period!!!!. Tomorrow there may be another episode so stay tuned!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

In Remembrance

Hope things turn around and you get to feeling better, sounds like your plate is full. Prayers sent.
    Sunday must've been one of those wake up call days, the wife took a tumble coming in the mother in law's house when she misjudged the top step and a I was trying to fold up a folding table and one set of legs was being stubborn so I gave the locking arm a good hard hammer fist and the leg folded up and busted me right in the eye. Needless to say I had some repent'n to do that evening at church.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    Millennial reporting in, I had to look up what a curb feeler is but I do drive a stick.

I'd manage but i'm in the minority, admittedly.
    1995'er here. First car was a 5 speed Ranger, could probably manage a 3 on the tree. No Idea what a curb feeler is, though.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curb feeler.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	238388
    Curb feeler on a Rambler( ? ). Or is it a Nash?

Getting older ain't for sissies. Don't give up.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 03-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

I hope you fellows that are having troubles all get better. Supermag, watch those falls. A bad fall can be a life changing event. Maybe something like a mini flash light thats easy to carry that can help you see your furry friends in the dark!

Boolit Grand Master
    I love dogs but am allergic to them. Still planning to get one.

Anyway, invest in some night lights. The new ones take no power at all and come on automatically.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curb feeler.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	238388
    Curb feeler on a Rambler( ? ). Or is it a Nash?

Getting older ain't for sissies. Don't give up.
    Nash made the Rambler. Just saying.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Since I had my colon cancer surgeries the first thing my doctor asks me is " have you had a fall?" I haven't, but have come close a time or three...
    I suppose our old bones will shatter pretty easily.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast