Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough week...

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Thanks for the responses and recommendations, gentlemen.
    Feeling considerably better today...still a bit sore here and there but not too bad.
    Thinking about going down to the reloading room and maybe resizing and depriming some handgun cases, so I guess I must be feeling better.
    Again...thanks for your concern and thoughts.
    Hope those of you who are dealing with loss and physical issues find some peace.

Boolit Buddy
    Guess it is a good thing you don't have a chocolate lab.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    Guess it is a good thing you don't have a chocolate lab.
    I hear what you are saying...
    I would have one but my wife would freak out if I brought another puppy home.

Boolit Master
    Feeling a lot better this evening.
    Went down to the reloading room and resized and deprimed 448 .45Colt cases.
    Took about an hour and a half.
    My right shoulder is a bit sore from where I fell on it. No need for any Advil...just minor discomfort.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Just need to quit walking around in S dark house with sleeping Labrador Retrievers scattered about here and there.
    My wife bought me a remote control for desk or floor lamps. I keep it on the night stand and the lamp it controls is in the living room. It serves two purposes, one it gives me a softer lighted path to the pee station and two if there was an intruder fumbling around I can bring a gun (likely my Ruger Security Six) and trip that remote and light up the crook but not me!

My .02 worth

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear about your falls. Us old guys are going to have to slow down. I was playing chase with my 6 year old grand daughter a week ago and fell myself. Landed on my butt and hit my head on a table. Butt is black along with the back of my leg down past my knee. Pride hurt worth than the fall lol.

Boolit Master

Sorry for all the misfortunes here. I've had good and bad days in my life, hope ya'll experience some good days, soon. You might want to get a cane--not to help you walk, but-- to nudge some dogs out of the way. Dogs have a habit of wanting to lay right in the middle of the doors and hall--don't ask me how I know!! Watched my dad with the knee business--just wasn't good. As far as losing our little friends, I know there is greater loss in this world, but it sure is painful at the time. Been there, done that, too many times. As a kid, dad wouldn't let me have a dog--at times--I thought he was a mean man. Then, when I grew up and matured and we lost one, I realized he had a really tough time with it. He loved 'em too much. For a tough Ironworker, only afraid of his God and Maker, who also had a moniker from the 1930s "Bull of the Woods," his heart would break over the little friends.

God Bless All.
    Last edited by gbrown; 03-21-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Correction
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

I hope you don't have a Chocolate Lab.

The only car I ever drove that had 3 on the tree was my Grandmother's old '62 Plymouth Wagon, it had curb feelers too.

Good Luck
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

OK, my .02 - a couple of weeks ago the yard boys were here, ad I wanted to show one the tree I had planted last year. As we were walking up the steps to the back yard (in my slippers!), I stumbled & fell, mostly on the rocks next to the walkway. Didn't have enough velocity to roll, so fell face down. Got a couple scratches on the face, hands and knees, but am so weak I couldn't get up - and the yard boy couldn't much help the 83-year-old 260 lb Old Fart stretched out on the rocks. Second yard boy came when called, and between the two I got erect and pressed on, in spite of a little blood here & there. No real drama, except for the fact that I realize that, if I trip BY MYSELF, in the yard, I will have to crawl SOMEWHERE to find some support to hoist myself up. C'est la vie...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    This morning my wife did something that I haven't seen, She left a pair of shoes on the floor on front of the couch. I was half asleep and stumbling through the living room headed to the kitchen to get my caffeine fix and never looked down. Darn near fell stumbling on her shoes.....

I said some bad words.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12