Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am addicted.....

Boolit Grand Master

I am addicted.....

All my life I have been addicted to guns and reloading stuff.

When I was young and poor, I could not afford too feed my habit.

About 25 years ago, things changed. I became a junkie. I bought many guns...way too many...so many that some never got used. I have sold at least 15 but still have guns I have never fired. I have owned ten progressive presses.

Last year I bought four more guns but two were gifts. At least I shot the two I bought for myself...I am getting better...but I also bought a second 1050 that I do not need....hard to shake the addiction.

I have decided that no matter what I want, I will wait at least 6 months before buying anything else. And I will sell something first. I currently have a 550, 1050, and a dozen rifles I do not need.

I am so weak that I doubt I will be completely successful. Guns are my addiction. My fiancé likes guns too!!! I have a rough road ahead.
    Don Verna

Hello, my name is _________ , and I'm a gunaholic.

Bet you've got lots of company here.

Boolit Master

Except for a slightly shorter time frame(20 yrs) and fewer presses, my experience is about the same. When our sons got out of graduate school, I started back into guns. I guess the big difference is that I haven't sold any. Just acquired.
    John
    W.TN

Is it a coincidence that while halfway through reading your post, the daily verse popped on my phone and it was this??
    “Therefore, confess your sins to one another [your false steps, your offenses], and pray for one another, that you may be healed and restored."
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

My wife tells me that I am walking the fine line between Hobby and Addiction. I tell her I am not that bad but then a box will show up from Titan, MidwayUSA or Graf and Sons. No problem here.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The older we get, the more we seem to reflect on such things - at least most of us do. You aren't alone! LOL That's why I am weeding out and down sizing slowly - I don't want my "addiction" to be a burden on my wife when it's my time to "cross the river".

I think that maybe todd has something there . . . . maybe a "sign"? Thanks for sharing that Todd - makes a person think doesn't it?

Boolit Master

Hi my name is Sig, gunaholic...

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I hate to admit it but i have guns that have been in the safe for 30 years that has never been shot not just by me but never. Its not that this was by design i started sporterizing a 6.5 Swedish back in the 80's was almost done in late 90's had some health problems and had to put it aside for a good while. Finally finished it last year and started looking for a used mold on ebay everything i found was so close to the price of a new one it didn't make since. I finally bit the bullet and bought a lyman mold and cast my first bullets last week . I have been getting everything together and finally there now i have about 3 or 4 days worth of sizeing of 32 bullets and i willswitch over and size these hopefully will be out on the range in a week or so finally.

I can totally relate.

https://youtu.be/KPgAEi1E6Eo First min is priceless
    https://youtu.be/KzgiZpCIj1c Part two priceless to

well shoot i feel pretty good reading your post, im not an addict. i only have two progressives and 14 single stage press's. several guns i havent shot and i havent sold very many over the years. Hey wait it sounds like i am AM an addict. Oh i can stop anytime i want to, i just dont want to...
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

Boolit Master
    NEED --- has nothing to do with it! It is simply a highly selective form of OCD. Sometimes I just sit in my reloading shed, amongst all my treasures and think about getting rid of some of them, but then I think --- "oh well when I go, if this stuff aggravates someone, so what? It aint like they can get at me or make my life miserable! Nothing wrong with me!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Those ARE funny.

Boolit Grand Master
    You are not alone, brother. I want to sell some of my "treasures" to make room for future treasures.

When my wife wants go get on me a bit....I'm quick to remind her that things aren't so bad. After all....it could have been heroin and hookers, right?
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Kindred spirit.....

Boolit Buddy
    Same here. I’ll be done once I get that one last gun, or peice of reloading gear.....just one moooore,,,,,almost there..
    👍🏼

Boolit Master
    No such thing as too many guns. You just need more places to safely store them.

I have to shoot gun(s) and reload ammo every few days or I start jonesing BAD. Tobacco and alcohol were easy to quit! I won't own one too nice to shoot. I've even laid a flashlight on the ground shining on the target so I could shoot at night. Problem? Not me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Don't expect any support here.
    We're a bunch of enablers.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast