RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee 311-93-1R

Banned

Lee 311-93-1R

Thinking about getting this "32ACP" mold for small edible game uses in my 32S&W-Long Rifle. I have both a 100 and a 120 grain flat nosed mold I am currently using. On them angle shots through the head that can and do occasionally angle into the shoulders, the flat nose can tend to be a bit too mean on the meat. It's a cheap mold to try and I am thinking the true round nose with nearly pure lead will work a bit better at saving the shoulders when ..it happens. Has anyone actually used this mold for such an application?

Boolit Grand Master

Not the Lee bullet but I have used the Lyman 313249 (85 gr RN) on grouse. I had them loaded to 850 fps over 3 gr Bullseye out of my '06. Used body shots and they killed the grouse quickly with through and through and minimal meat damage. Could literally "eat right up to the hole"........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Not the Lee bullet but I have used the Lyman 313249 (85 gr RN) on grouse. I had them loaded to 850 fps over 3 gr Bullseye out of my '06. Used body shots and they killed the grouse quickly with through and through and minimal meat damage. Could literally "eat right up to the hole"........
    That's what I am hoping for. Even a small meplat at 850-900 FPS is doing more damage than I want it to when the perfect head shot is not so perfect. I tried just going slower but I wanted to make sure the bullet cleared the barrel and the rainbow trajectory at 550-600 FPS was a bit much for up to 50yard pokes. Now I just have to decide whether I will use enough of these to justify a 6 hole mold, get a 2 hole lee, or do I look for an older lyman RN? Decisions

Boolit Buddy
    I have a modified lee 311-93 where I Milled off the base and bottom line groove it weighs 73 grn now and it shoots good in my 32acps

Boolit Grand Master

INTERLOPER

If available in the 6 cavity that's what I would choose. With it it won't take long to cast plenty....... the "down side" to that is the more you cast, the more you shoot....... unless you let the wife, GF or kids shoot them.....then you really appreciate the 6 cavity mould......
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Larry: Do you use any type of filler, such as Dacron with the small Bullseye charge? It sound like it would be a fun load in my Browning Win 95 '06. GF

Boolit Grand Master

No I don't use a filler or wad. I do use fire formed cases with drilled flash holes .
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla