WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7.62X39 cast in AR-15 rifles/

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Hot, dry wind so why not shoot? I'd just laid 900' of gas line so fatigue may have.....never mind. Apologies - but Hornady has loads for .308" jwords so I tried some. I'm not that impressed. The cast loads weren't good either except the load I just knew Would Not group- the .309" PC Lee 155. I'm going back to the C309150F (PC)sized .311" over 25gr/3031. The six shot mixed boolit group with the 22-250 was fun; shooting at a 1" sharpie dot with my .41 was a waste of time( not the gun!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Any up dates?

I've tried your load of 25g. IMR3031. Shoots great with the NOE 30XCB bullet cast in a Lynan #2 clone lubed with 2500+. 20 shots at 50 yards leaves a hole about the size of a Quarter. Just about right for a plink'en gun for my 11 & 12 year old Grandsons. It also likes the Lee 155g. gas checked & powder coated. 25g. IMR 3031 also. Tried an older Lyman 311644 powder coated, and 23.5g. 0f IMR3031. Also shot pretty good. Primers for all were CCI standard Large rifle. It's a BCA 16'' complete upper in 762x39. Used the lower off of a Stag Arms target/varmint with an A2 butt stock & 3x9 scope. Using C-Product 10 round mags and they have worked 100%.
    A load that Larry Gibson posted on another thread, 22.5g. H4227 with 125 bullets, shoots very accurate. I used .308dia. 125g. SST's

My thanks to everyone that posted their data on the 762x39 AR platform, on this thread and others. It sure made load development fast and easy.

I'm going to give the Lee 155gr another chance but for a hunting CB load I'm sure I'll revert back to the Lee 150 fp. I agree about the c products mag. I think it's better for cast than the ASC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123