MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double coat PC?

Banned

I was going by what he told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    Does anybody have any definitive testing on the Smoke PC colors that shows one color working better than another once applied ??

Not calling anybody out .....just curious.

I got the Bacon Grease on my first buy because folks claim it is better, but will do some testing later with color being the only change and see if I can honestly see any truth to that.

Bill

My 3 favorite powders from Smoke are 1)Clear, 2)Carolina Blue, 3) Bacon Grease in that order. Clear and Carolina Blue cover the best. I preheat all bullets as I live in the south and the humidity can play havoc if you don't.
    Flydad

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

Boolit Master
    Preheating would probably eliminate a lot of the PC coverage issues that are reported here. Here in Katy, TX the humidity was 93% this morning and No it was not raining; probably will rain tomorrow. So I too have found just preheat and not worry about it.

Slushing them around in alcohol and pat dry absorbs the water and any oils off your hands. Kinda like using Prepsol before one does a fine auto finish
    NRA Endowment

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Preheating would probably eliminate a lot of the PC coverage issues that are reported here. Here in Katy, TX the humidity was 93% this morning and No it was not raining; probably will rain tomorrow. So I too have found just preheat and not worry about it.
    I have not done a LOT of PC yet, but it works really well so far with HF red, Smokes bacon grease, and Tiger DRYLAC. I went to do some bacon grease the other day and it did not cover well....hmm I had used up the teaspoon of powder, added another and shook 2-3 times...BOOM...covered.

maybe in the dog days of summer I will see some issues ??

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123