Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCI Rebate

Question CCI Rebate

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the CCI rebate? they kicked mine out on the grounds I didnt use a specified retailer, didnt read that on the rebate form, but curious if anyone else had it going too.
    Attachment 238254

Pete

Moderator Emeritus

I had a problem with the online form submission. They wanted pics of the cases and UPC code. After about a half dozen attempts I finally called and was told to keep the pic names as short as possible. Good luck

Boolit Buddy
    I sent in 2 rebates back in Jan, about a week apart. The 2 rebates were for 2 different sellers, I believe I had to type in one of the sellers names, as it wasn't on their drop down box, if I recall correctly. First one went thru to processing no issues. Second one went thru to processing, but was only credited for half of the rebate. I called their customer service line, had to wait a couple of minutes, but the lady taking the call was very nice to deal with. She explained, I had to wait until it was processed (about 3 weeks) and then call back and they would update it. I did as required, 2nd CS rep was just as nice and said she would update it. Both have been approved now, but still waiting on the money for both. Its been about 8 weeks, but I think it mentioned up to 12 for it to arrive, so it's money in the bank so to speak, but I'm just hoping that it's the correct amount on the 2nd rebate. If you haven't - my 2 phone calls to their CS service line were very helpful. Just a guess, but I think that the folks doing the processing of the rebates, are a contractor for CCI/Fed - Good luck Bill in MA

Boolit Master

sent the information they asked for when the black box of 22 lr's was on and have heard nothing and it is going on 3months, maybe in my case it was nothing more than a scam. YMMV
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    sent the information they asked for when the black box of 22 lr's was on and have heard nothing and it is going on 3months, maybe in my case it was nothing more than a scam. YMMV
    The OP is talking about a different rebate. I received the money from the black pack rebate weeks ago. I actually keep forgetting the card, they don’t send you a check, is in my wallet. It’s certainly not a scam.

Boolit Master

Good to hear someone got the rebate funds, never have seen anything from my sending in the required stuff, so yes in my case it was a waste of time.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    I've submitted mine online (from 1st attempt) for CCI 22LR standard velocity. Only been a week or so, so I don't expect any outcome for another 5-8 weeks.

Moderator Emeritus

From memory it was like Outdoor Vista or something like that who handled the rebate. CS did state you should receive a confirmation within minutes of submitting. If not, do it again. In my case I never received a confirmation which is why I finally called them. I also have already received my rebate on the black box stuff. Think I got it about a week ago.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    From memory it was like Outdoor Vista or something like that who handled the rebate. CS did state you should receive a confirmation within minutes of submitting.
    This is correct. You should have received an email quickly. They also sent a follow up email stating that rebate has been approved, the gift card was being sent and to expect in “x” number of weeks. The emails keep you informed which is definitely unusual for rebates. It’s usually a hope and prayer once you send everything out.

Boolit Master
    You can get Fiocchi .22 WMR ammo for $8.99 a box and shipping is free when you get $25 worth from Academy.
    No rebate required.
    EDG

[QUOTE=MrWolf;4604626] Outdoor Vista or something like that who handled the rebate. CS did state you should receive a confirmation within minutes of submitting.

Vista Outdoors owns CCI Savage and a slew of others, the conformations come quick, but out of the 4 I have in review, so far the first one has been "disqualified" on the grounds I didnt but it from a retailer on the list..... what list? Rebate promo says nothing about specific retailers have to be used.

Moderator Emeritus

Call their customer service. Woman I spoke to was great. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Call their customer service. Woman I spoke to was great. Good luck
    Well, after I posted it on a social media outlet they have reached out to me for the details. CCI's parent company VistaOutdoors is unreachable it seems, will keep everyone posted.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Maybe it's just me ....... it seems that if they can give a rebate they can lower the price a little to begin with .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

I agree Jack, especially when you buy five for a free one.....

ATK owns both Federal & CCI.
    They're probably trying to increase their market share after losing so much due to imported ammo. when people needed to make due with whatever they could find.
    For instance, it's was disappointing to see the CMP selling imported Aguila instead of ammo. made in the USA.
    Another factor may be the Trump corporate tax cuts.
    Price matters to a lot of people.
    if they can keep people buying their brand, then they can continue to produce and sell more volume and help win the battle against the imports.
    If they can develop a loyal following then they can win a lifetime of business, growing sales and good will.
    And that's all good for the American consumers and economy too.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticap View Post
    ATK owns both Federal & CCI.
    This relationship was ended in 2015 with the forming of VistaOutdoors, ATK went the way of Orbital/Aerospace and Govt contracts. Unfortunate for the brands to be swallowed up but thats economics.....
    https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliant_Techsystems

Quote Originally Posted by phaessler View Post
    This relationship was ended in 2015 with the forming of VistaOutdoors, ATK went the way of Orbital/Aerospace and Govt contracts. Unfortunate for the brands to be swallowed up but thats economics.....
    https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliant_Techsystems
    Thanks for that info.
    I looked a little further into Vista and found this:--->>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vista_Outdoor

"Anyone holding ATK common stock at the end of the business day on February 2, 2015, received two shares of Vista Outdoor common stock. Eligible shareholders had their brokerage account credited or received a book-entry account statement reflecting their ownership. Vista Outdoor was thus initially 100% owned by ATK shareholders. Vista Outdoor stock traded on a "when-issued" basis from January 29, 2015, to February 9, 2015. It began "regular way" trading on the New York Stock Exchange on February 10, 2015, under the ticker symbol "VSTO." Shareholders were not required to make any payment or take action of any kind. This transaction was conducted on a tax-free basis. U.S. shareholders generally did not have to recognize a gain or loss for federal tax purposes....

....Vista opened a $35-million ammunition plant in Lewiston, Idaho in 2017. As of February 2019, Vista employed about 1,135 people in Lewiston. Employment at Vista's Lewiston factory peaked at 1,500 in 2016. Since then, Vista has been reducing its headcount in order to save costs. This is necessary due to the sharp drop in ammunition sales that followed the election of President Donald Trump. In January 2019, the company asked workers to volunteer for early retiredment but only 20 workers in Lewiston accepted Vista's offer

In November 2018, Vista closed its corporate headquarters in Farmington, Utah in order to reduce costs"

UPDATE : received a phone call, nothing in writing of course, but they are going to requalify the rebate I submitted, even though it wasnt purchased at a specific retailer. When asking of the specific retailer, they repeated mine would be requalified.... smells strong to me.... We'll see... thanks all.

Boolit Master

My Wife bought me some CCI 22LR for my B-day last week. I went back to the Turners on monday with the receipt to get the rebate info. They blew me off. I called vista outdoor on tuesday about the rebate and they blew me off.

Probably why I don't use any cci/speer products.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast