Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastco
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Toyota Wheels

Boolit Master

Toyota Wheels

Anybody know if wheels (rims ) off Toyota Tacoma will interchange onto Toyota Tundra??
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Toyota surf wheels fit Vauxhall/Nissan frontera .

Boolit Grand Master

Bolt pattern, wheel center bore and offset determine if a wheel will fit. Bolt pattern and center bore are almost always the same across the brand. Wheel offset varies but usually not by much.

Boolit Master
    Call the local dealer.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

No, Not even Close.
    Tacoma is 6 lug, Tundra is 5 Lug

Boolit Buddy
    I’m pretty sure the 1st gen tundra is the same lug pattern as the Tacoma (I know mine has Tacoma wheels on it) but all later tundras are a 5 bolt lug pattern and not compatible.

Banned
    Toyota used several different bolt patterns on their trucks. The early two wheel drive standard Toyotas (Later named Tacoma in the U.S.A.) had 5 lug wheels and the 4WD models had 6 lug wheels. The early Tundra models (known then as T-100) used the same wheel as the Tacoma but that changed early in the production.
    To make matters even more confusing, there were also some 15" wheels as opposed to the 16" wheels commonly seen. I accidentally ended up with one of those when I matched the spare wheel on a Tacoma that wasn't original to the truck (it was 15" and had 6 lugs but the standard wheels on the truck were all 16" 6 lug)

If you have a factory wheel to compare against, there's a stamp on the back of the wheel that has a letter code and the width. If you match that stamp and the correct number of lugs; you'll have the correct pattern and offset.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 03-18-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Boolit Master

http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm
    The link above is allegedly a cross reference for wheel interchange. If it doesn't work search by google. Good luck. New prices are usually far more than what you have to pay locally for a wheel that will work just as well.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Bolt pattern, wheel center bore and offset determine if a wheel will fit. Bolt pattern and center bore are almost always the same across the brand. Wheel offset varies but usually not by much.
    This is the best advice. I have used the above measurements to fit wheels on different vehicles including domestic and foreign. As indicated by others they can interchange, but you really have to do a physical fit to be sure. Different year vehicles of the same models can have slight or noticeable differences. Also note, the lug nut shape can be a factor with alloys.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Moderator Emeritus

Toyota is really bad about wheels/bolt patterns.
    I have a 2005 Matrix, there is three different trim/option packages that year. Anyway, the XRS uses a different wheel bolt pattern than the XR or the Base model.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Thanks to all who replied. The rims I got fit fine, so now I have truck and utility trailer wheels that interchange.
    R.D.M.