MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Supper last night

Boolit Buddy

Supper last night

Local meat market had pork shoulder roast for$ .89 per lb. . Picked up this 6pounder throwed it in the slow cooker garlic potatoes kraut pineapple onions .
    Must say it was great ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_172832.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	238145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_173532.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	238146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_173536.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	238147

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    My wife makes a really good barbeque out of those but that looks pretty tasty.

Boolit Master

Whenever I see those on sale for a good price, I usually pick up 2 or 3 and throw in the freezer. They are great to make sausage with. Supposedly, the typical ratio fat to meat is 35/65, but the sausage I make seems to be a little drier, less fat. Also, you can throw one in the smoker and cook low and slow, and they are fantastic. I'll smoke one, chop it up, and add sauce. Package in 2 or 3 cup sized containers and put in the freezer for quick sandwiches later on. I'm with you--kraut and pork!!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

Wish my Wife would eat stuff like that.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

I do them in the smoker takes awhile but after 6-7 hours cooking in apple or cherry wood smoke they are really good.

Boolit Grand Master

You Guys are making me jealous. And hungry!

We have been living out of a microwave, an electric griddle and the BBQ grill for several weeks due to a major kitchen remodel. They were suppose to finish yesterday but the contractor was short 1 pair of hinges. He will be back after lunch and we're done! It is nice, but it will be good to get back to normal It really has not been so bad. They estimated that it would take 8 weeks and they have done it in 6 weeks. And 2 of those weeks was waiting on the counter tops to be cut after the final measurements were made.

Really, it wasn't that bad. When we built the house I had a drain and hot/cold water stubbed out in the garage. Then a little later I has a cabinet built and a sink installed. Just a place to wash up after being in the yard, washing deer meat or fish, ect. It works well for my wet tumbling operation too! But anyway, it was a lifesaver, having another sink, counter top and enough electricity to cook with.

Banned

favorite pork roast is a chunk of shoulder with the bone in it. toss still frozen in the power pressure cooker with a pack of lipton onion soup mix and a large can of cream of mush soup and a chopped up onion. Cook it for an hour on the meat setting. Let it cool open it toss in some whole smaller sized potatoes close it back up and cook for another hour. Fall apart tender. What else is real good is to take a small pork roast and a small venison roast and do the same together. Used to do the same with a crock pot but it was an all day thing.