RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tru-line junior lyman

Boolit Grand Master

I think it was 1/2" cold rolled steel rod from the hardware store. Nothing fancy. I didn't grind enough of a place for the screw head holding it in to lock - need to remedy that. I just loaded 100 rds 38 Special on one of mine. The one with the homemade handle, that's how I found out how easily it comes off!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend Wayne nailed it... I'm going to opine that the original rod was cold rolled, but then again, around here, I'd go to Tractor supply and buy a piece of the steel drill rod they sell in the proper diameter, then get a ball to fit to the outboard end and start reloading. The phrase, "It isn't rocket science" comes to mind.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Banned
    Wayne, did you ever get that old box of parts I sent yu some time back turned into a usable press?

Ken

Boolit Grand Master

I got one press out of the remains. The box was soaked and pieces falling out of it when I got it, and I think half of what you put in was gone. I did get a press put together with the standard die turrent I had. (half the holes useless, don't index to the shell holder - I found that interesting. I wonder if the eBay guy actually had a press?)

I am missing the bottom casting and turrent (If I remember right) to put another one together.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Friend Wayne nailed it... I'm going to opine that the original rod was cold rolled, but then again, around here, I'd go to Tractor supply and buy a piece of the steel drill rod they sell in the proper diameter, then get a ball to fit to the outboard end and start reloading. The phrase, "It isn't rocket science" comes to mind.

Froggie
    I'm currently assembling components for a couple handles myself.
    Steel stock on original came in at 7/16"(.4375) diameter.
    One of my handles has a groove for the set screw to home in on, others are just smooth.
    Bought bag of six wooden ball knobs from Hobby Lobby 1 3/4" diameter with a 3/16 hole started. #165845
    Put a 3/16 drill in drill press aligned ball knob between two pieces of 2x4 with a 1" hole started in each 2x4 to hold the knob.
    Replaced drill with 7/16 drill, drilling a correct size hole-aligned correctly for most part.
    Roughed up end of rod going into knob and applied wood friendly epoxy.
    Will probably use urethane finish on wood.
    Should have mentioned mini pool balls(1.5") are available on various auctions or websites. Resin(?) material. 1 1/2 is factory size-just black.
    Last edited by kywoodwrkr; 05-01-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgetfullness

Boolit Grand Master
    Should have expected kyWOODwrkr to find a way to use a big wooden ball! Sounds classy to me.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12