RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: CZ Model 52 in 7.62x25 Takedown

Boolit Master

CZ Model 52 in 7.62x25 Takedown

Along with my other recent request about loads for a CZ Model 52 in 7.62x25, does anybody have a book that shows take-down for one of these? My 1990 dated NRA "Firearms Assembly 4" book does not show this gun. Maybe a later version does? Or another book? The NRA book has seen a lot of use for many of the pistols I have. But I guess I need another one to cover the CZ-52.

Banned
    Usually, find several videos on Youtube for basic takedown and cleaning.

Boolit Master

I can't help with any books that show disassembly, but I've always thought it was pretty interesting how taking the slide off a CZ52 is so similar to pulling the slide off of a Glock.

Removing the barrel from the slide is quite different though.

Boolit Master

Have one, love it, easy to take down, clean, reassemble.

Many of these wonderful pistols which are built like a tank had a very brittle firing pin.
    Now they can be a bit of a handful to figure out and replace.

Mine came to me in pieces in a box with a broken firing pin.
    I'm not gunsmith but I was able to order and replace the pin with no real problems.
    The other point to watch is the rollers themselves. They will wear and get sloppy.

You may find this page to be very helpful.
    https://harringtonproducts.com/installation.php

So easy to field strip, pull down on the tabs on front of trigger guard, simultaneously pull slide up and forward. i just put a 18.5lb recoil spring in mine to try to save my brass from achieving LEO (low earth orbit). I had to make a tool to compress the spring/cam enough to get it into battery.

Don, can you link your other thread here? I am on the same quest for loads as I just acquired and badly bubba-ed cz52 that I am returning to functional. So far 5.5 grains of red dot functioned the action (old spring) but was less snappy than factory S&B. This was with converted .223 brass and a 85g j word.

I’ll add-don’t use the magazine bottom to remove the barrel. They are easily bent. I took one and cut a relief groove by the upper grip and trigger guard, installed a cap crew for the slide release, did a trigger job and replaced the firing pin. I also replaced the rear sight with a 1911 style. I dehorned the trigger blade too. It was a better pistol afterwards but when the cheap ammo evaporated down the road it went! My friend always laughed that it would outshoot his AK47 at 100 yds

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
    So easy to field strip, pull down on the tabs on front of trigger guard, simultaneously pull slide up and forward. i just put a 18.5lb recoil spring in mine to try to save my brass from achieving LEO (low earth orbit). I had to make a tool to compress the spring/cam enough to get it into battery.

Don, can you link your other thread here? I am on the same quest for loads as I just acquired and badly bubba-ed cz52 that I am returning to functional.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...body-shoot-one