MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Survived the Her A Cain

Boolit Master

Survived the Her A Cain

Tuesday we got 2" of much needed rain(thank God) Wednesday we got 12 hrs of 60-90 mph wind even blew a train off the Canadian River bridge at Logan NM.
    Snapped hi-line poles like match sticks,power out foe 5 hrs in town. The worst news was a lineman died doing his job, I wish they had waited till the wind died I can do without electricity till safe. Amarillo looks like a battle zone I have a back yard full of my shingles but no big deal we are safe, warm and well fed.
    Trucks and RV's didnt do well in the wind to say the least but at least we were warm and no snow like up North.
    Frank G.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    My brother was a lineman and they do have a cut off point but it can be pretty high. These guys work in some pretty bad weather.

Boolit Grand Master

We had limits on working in high wind but I don't remember what they were. I was on a late night call out when Rita blew through here. That was the one that followed Katrina. The wind was so strong that my bucket couldn't rotate into it. I probably should not have been up in it right then.

Glad you guys didn't have more damage than you did.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Freightman - Sorry to hear you got hit so hard and especially sad to hear abut the lineman - these guys work hard and in all kids of conditions - not to mention long looooongggg hours after a bad storm to make sure that the rest of us have power. Let's all send prayers to this man's family.

We go through Amarillo twice a year and sometimes stay there for he night - I consider it the 'oasis of the panhandle" - nice place and nice people. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all - as you say - the important thing is that people are safe - shingles and such can be replaced.

Thanks for the report and be safe.

Boolit Master
    I have great respect for the first responders of this country it's Sade that linemen are often overlooked in the list
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    I am so glad that I wasn't a lineman here in Denver. 50-75 mph gusts with wet snow.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy
    Glad to see you made it Thur safe, I have a freind that is a works for a contractor for power companies, if everyone is leaving town they are going there with bucket trucks and there own fuel and mechicanic trucks. They beat the hurricanes to the area by 2 days most of the time.

Was raised about 50 miles north of Amarillo and the wind does get fierce. Body shops used to make pretty good money fixing sprung car door hinges when the wind snatched the door out of your hand.

Boolit Master

Worst her a cain I ever saw was when mamma found my secret credit card.

Boolit Master

We are at our SE New Mexico home right now. I don’t think it blew quite as hard as it did along I-40 but it was bad for a lot of hours. It shredded the cover on our travel trailer and the trees shed lots of branches. Three tornadoes hit nearby. We have two friends that are linemen. Thankfully one is retired but the other still has to work in dangerous conditions and we’re concerned for him when the wind kicks up. Oh, he gives me tin rich lead, too.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris