Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: From KCSO

Boolit Grand Master

From KCSO

I will be delayed on any work promised from R and J Sport. I don't know when I will get back in the shop as we have been hit with severe flooding. Our whole trailer full of rendezvous supplies was washed down the Niobrara river along with the rest of the lower section of town. And we are currently waiting for the worst to hit as a darn up stream washed out this morning and that wall of water is due to hit town soon. Meanwhile in Bloomfield the sewage system is under water and they have evacuated the local apartment buildings. One half of Verdigre Nebraska was under water and main street has big holes washed in it.

As the retired Sheriff I occasionally work part time for the towns and so I will have to put shop work on hold until this straightens out.

Sorry for any delays

Jim

Boolit Master

stay safe, I am sure I wont be alone in sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

Gotta love Nebraska... now we are in a blizzard ! Heavy snow and 40-50 mph winds!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Stand by, we are sending you more water next week!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

snow has let up here and its supposed to be 60 on saturday, so brace yourself because when it rains it pours. if the wind ever stops I got 2 utv to pull out of snow banks, sucks checking calving cows in this **** and I'm down to walking now.

Stay safe buddy. Its hard to help everyone else if you're hurt yourself.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Waksupi It dosen't matter anymore to me... It's all gone. When the water and ice from the broken dam hit this forenoon it took it all. My friend watched as the whole lower section of town went. The camper trailer with all our M/L gear was ground to bits and went down the Missouri river along with the café, the gas station the State Yards and the Hay plant and a number of other storage buildings, all swept flat like it never was. Mostly we didn't lose a lot of value money wise but what we did lose was all hand made stuff we had been collection for years, all our rendezvous gear. This is not just us though the whole State was hit from one end to the other. If this was Florida the call for fema aid would be resounding already but we are west of the Mississippi so I'll bet it won't even cause a ripple.

Boolit Master

kind of like the bad wild fires we had here, people lost their lively hoods but not a word on the news, but let a few famous peoples houses burn due to their own stupidity and its all over the news. too bad you couldnt have had a little bit of a heads up.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Waksupi It dosen't matter anymore to me... It's all gone. When the water and ice from the broken dam hit this forenoon it took it all. My friend watched as the whole lower section of town went. The camper trailer with all our M/L gear was ground to bits and went down the Missouri river along with the café, the gas station the State Yards and the Hay plant and a number of other storage buildings, all swept flat like it never was. Mostly we didn't lose a lot of value money wise but what we did lose was all hand made stuff we had been collection for years, all our rendezvous gear. This is not just us though the whole State was hit from one end to the other. If this was Florida the call for fema aid would be resounding already but we are west of the Mississippi so I'll bet it won't even cause a ripple.
    Losing the rendezvous gear is a real blow. Much irreplaceable, and invaluable. I don't know what I have left to spare, as I've been downsizing the past couple years. But, let me know what you may need, and If I have it I'll send it along.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

In Remembrance

Prayers sent, my brother in law and his family are out there in that mess also.

Boolit Grand Master

Not asking for anything just commenting on losing 55 years of memories. We'll get by OK.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Not asking for anything just commenting on losing 55 years of memories. We'll get by OK.
    this is the attitude this country needs more of.

even with that said if you need a few necessities to get going again, just send a pm to some of the key members.

Cast Hunter

Wow, sorry to hear of this. Glad you’re safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member